Windows 10: Downgrading windows from 64bit to 32bit on Microsoft Surface Pro X

Discus and support Downgrading windows from 64bit to 32bit on Microsoft Surface Pro X in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I am currently on Microsoft Surface Pro X Windows 10 Pro 64bit ARM Processor As stated i need to actually downgrade from a 64bits os to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jiaming7, Jul 15, 2020.

1. jiaming7 Win User

Downgrading windows from 64bit to 32bit on Microsoft Surface Pro X

Hi all

I am currently on Microsoft Surface Pro X Windows 10 Pro 64bit ARM Processor

As stated i need to actually downgrade from a 64bits os to a 32bits os as my company uses certain software which only runs on 32bits. i was wondering how can i go about this? I have tried to use windows media creation tool and downloaded the 32bit os however when i tried to boot from the usb device it does not work. Will appreciate any form of help , thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Jiaming7

:)

jiaming7, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Octavean Win User
    Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Jul 15, 2020
  4. moe663 Win User

windows 10 Pro 32bit to windows 10 Pro 64bit

does my digital license allow me to go from windows 10 Pro 32bit to windows 10 Pro 64bit,

please advise

moe663, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Downgrading windows from 64bit to 32bit on Microsoft Surface Pro X - Similar Threads - Downgrading 64bit 32bit

2. Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.: Hello I want to ask please if a computer having an activated windows 7 with OEM key can be upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit and reactivating it with the same key. Thanks in advance....
  3. Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit windows.: Hello I want to ask please if a computer having an activated windows 7 with OEM key can be upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit and reactivating it with the same key. Thanks in advance....
  4. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit: Hello,I recently "upgraded" my PC from Core 2 duo E6300 to Dual core E6700. and also got new ram sticks total up to 8gb ddr2. I am running win 10pro 32bit currently but due to the limitation of the operating system only 3.2gb of RAM is usable and the processor is stuck at...
  5. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit: Hello,I recently "upgraded" my PC from Core 2 duo E6300 to Dual core E6700. and also got new ram sticks total up to 8gb ddr2. I am running win 10pro 32bit currently but due to the limitation of the operating system only 3.2gb of RAM is usable and the processor is stuck at...
  6. Cannot upgrade from win 10 pro 32bit to 64bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Surface Pro X Tablet cant run 64bit apps and drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Pro X Tablet cant run 64bit apps and drivers: Hi,just bought a Microsoft Surface Pro X tablet and I have just found out a lot of my apps and printer drivers are not compaible because it runs on an ARM processor, is there a way to run x64 based apps and drivers on an ARM processor?...
  8. windows 10 pro 32bit to windows 10 pro 64bit

windows 10 pro 32bit to windows 10 pro 64bit: I bought a brand new windows 10 pro 32bit and not yet installed. can I installed it but i will choose 64bit? Thanks. Andrew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-32bit-to-windows-10-pro-64bit/f3d79f3d-6aeb-4377-ab55-b5f0be713a09
  9. Upgrade windows 10 from 32bit to 64bit

Upgrade windows 10 from 32bit to 64bit: I have a 10 year old computer with 8GB memory that is capable of running a 64bit OS but it currently has a 32bit version of Windows 10, is it possible to upgrade to a 64bit OS ?...
  10. "downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit

"downgrade" 64bit win 10 to 32bit: I have win 10 home 64bit installed and activation successful. Installed by windows update. before this, on my laptop installed win 7 home premium 64 bit. What can I do if I want to change win 10 64 bit to win 10 32bit ? I only have cd original win 7home premium. My RAM...