Windows 10: Download and activate previously purchased windows 8

Discus and support Download and activate previously purchased windows 8 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had purchased windows 8 few years ago and had installed it on my laptop which was running windows 7 at that time(win 7 came installed on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manjeet Ranga, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Download and activate previously purchased windows 8

Hello,

I had purchased windows 8 few years ago and had installed it on my laptop which was running windows 7 at that time(win 7 came installed on the laptop).
    After that i upgraded it to windows 10 during the free upgrade offer.

However, recently my laptop had some issue and it crashed. I would like to be able to download the windows again and perform a clean install on my laptop but i am unable to find how would i activate the windows after the installation.

The email that i had received after purchasing windows 8 did have a link for upgrade assistant which had upgraded the windows for me and i can't seem to remember how it was activated because my brother did the setup for me.

Can anyone please suggest how can i activate the windows after i install it?
    Also, will it be windows 10 that will be activated or windows 8?

Thank you in advance!
    Manjeet

:)

Manjeet Ranga, Mar 1, 2019
  2. RandelA Win User

Legally download Windows 7 and 8

I have a product key that is genuine, is this a retail key? I got it free from my university's dreamspark. If so, I could do a clean install with an upgrade disc (provided at microsoft's site) without any extra steps such as registry editing, etc etc.. ?

RandelA, Mar 1, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Legally download Windows 7 and 8

With Windows 8, the ISO you download allows you to boot and do a fresh install. However, it won't activate properly after doing this, there is a registry key that you need to change and a command you have to run after it is installed to get it to activate. Just google for "How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 8 with an Upgrade Disc". However, this only applies if you have an Upgrade key, if you are using an OEM key or a Retail key you can do a fresh install using the ISO provided without any extra steps.

newtekie1, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Download and activate previously purchased windows 8

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Download and activate previously purchased windows 8

1. Download and activate previously purchased windows 8 - Similar Threads - Download activate previously

2. Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset: I have followed all Windows Help recommendations to get my son's games back, and I cannot make it work. He used his own money to pay for the games and is heartbroken. Info. - - The games were purchased in the Microsoft store, and I have the order history saved. from ~1 year...
  3. Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased games not downloadable after reset: I have followed all Windows Help recommendations to get my son's games back, and I cannot make it work. He used his own money to pay for the games and is heartbroken. Info. - - The games were purchased in the Microsoft store, and I have the order history saved. from ~1 year...
  4. Previously purchased software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased software: I purchased software for my new Surface 7's in December but was working for a company I left and no longer have access to that email address How do I get the codes to reinstall the software as I also had to scrub my personal computers I tried the verify yourself system...
  5. Downloading a previously purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading a previously purchased game: I previously purchased Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition, and downloaded it on one pc. How do I download the same game THAT I BOUGHT, on a different pc, without buying it again? I signed into the Microsoft account and store on the new pc, and I see the order, but when I try to...
  6. Windows Update lost previous purchases :/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update lost previous purchases :/: I feel so incompetent and frustrated. LOL. I woke up the other day to my Laptop having finished a Windows Update and upon starting it up I noticed when I opened my Microsoft Edge it was completely new with all my "stuff" wiped from it. I spent a few hours researching this...
  7. How to activate Windows 10 Pro from a previous online digital purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate Windows 10 Pro from a previous online digital purchase: I did a refresh installation for fixing one screen freeze problem happened in the 3D video game, so it came across to activate my Windows 10 Pro. However, the problem is I don't have product key cause I purchased Windows 10 Pro thru a digital order and my Windows copy just...
  8. Windows 10 Activation Issue Even with Previous Purchase and Microsoft Account Linkage

Windows 10 Activation Issue Even with Previous Purchase and Microsoft Account Linkage: Hello, About 1 year and a half ago, I purchased Windows 10 home edition for my laptop computer. I installed Windows 10 and used in on my then laptop for about 4 months. After that, I uninstalled Windows 10 on my previous laptop. The Windows 10 was bought with my Microsoft...
  9. Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro

Windows activation for previously purchased windows 10 Pro: Hello: Back in 2017, I upgraded my system to windows 10 Pro from windows home. Things worked great til Hard drive died. Can reinstall windows but I need the activation code from when I purchased the upgrade. I have the transaction code and the method of payment. How...
  10. Previous purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous purchase: I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 in May, 2017. My computer had to be reset & I lost all the things. I have not had an issue with anything other than Minecraft, which isn't downloading at all. I have been at this for 2 hours &, for the safety of my computer, am requesting...