Windows 10: Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows

Discus and support Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I work at a school and we are running Windows 10 NTSB 2016 version 1607 Education license. So unfortunately Quick Assist isn't included in this version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JamesHuber93, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows

I work at a school and we are running Windows 10 NTSB 2016 version 1607 Education license. So unfortunately Quick Assist isn't included in this version of Windows. Is there anyway for me to download the install files for quick assist so I can install it on our workstations?

:)

JamesHuber93, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Quick Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding of the issue:

• What happens when you search for quick assist in the start menu?
    • Are you getting any error message while opening Quick Assist?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

However, you can try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Re-registering the app

1. Type PowerShell on the search bar.
    2. Right click on PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    4. Once the process is completed, restart the computer and search for Quick Assist.

Method 2: Creating new user account

You can create a new user account and check if you are able to open Quick Assist.
    To create a new user account please follow the steps from L: Create a local user
    or administrator account in Windows 10.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 18, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Quick Assist not working

Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows

How to re-install Microsoft Quick Assist on Windows 10?

Hi Emmanuel,

I suggest you to follow these steps to allow someone you trust to take control of your PC over a remote connection and check if this option is still available on your computer.

• Select Start > Windows Accessories >
      Quick Assist.
    • Select Get assistance, and then follow the instructions in Quick Assist.

Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows th?id=OSAS.jpg
    • If User Account Control appears, select Yes to continue.
    • Wait for the connection to complete.

Reference: Quick Assist: FAQ

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on accessing the Microsoft Quick Assist feature.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows

1. Download and install Quick Assist for older versions of Windows - Similar Threads - Download install Quick

2. Can't download latest version of Quick Assist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download latest version of Quick Assist: I'm trying to remotely support my mum's carer and would like to use Quick Assist. When I open it I get the following message: When I click on Open Microsoft Store I get the following screen and it never gets beyond that:What can I do about this?Dave...
  3. Can't download latest version of Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download latest version of Quick Assist: I'm trying to remotely support my mum's carer and would like to use Quick Assist. When I open it I get the following message: When I click on Open Microsoft Store I get the following screen and it never gets beyond that:What can I do about this?Dave...
  4. Can't download latest version of Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updated version of Quick Assist

Updated version of Quick Assist: It has come to my attention that the updated version of Microsoft Quick Assist is now part of the Microsoft Store apps.This is problematic for many IT organizations that do not utilize individual Store accounts and makes its impossible for us to update Quick Assist.We found...
  6. Updated version of Quick Assist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Updated version of Quick Assist: It has come to my attention that the updated version of Microsoft Quick Assist is now part of the Microsoft Store apps.This is problematic for many IT organizations that do not utilize individual Store accounts and makes its impossible for us to update Quick Assist.We found...
  7. Updated version of Quick Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. download quick assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download quick assist: download quick assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-quick-assist/51356338-fdc1-4b65-9f51-963f224b0fed
  9. download quick assist

download quick assist: download quick assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-quick-assist/51356338-fdc1-4b65-9f51-963f224b0fed
  10. Download Tool Installed Older Version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Tool Installed Older Version?: The Background: Have an HP mini-tower purchased in 2018, with Win 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed. Windows Updates downloaded and installed with no problems—until V2004 May2020. This update failed repeatedly. Stuck on V1909?The Situation: Over the past year, I've tried tons of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Quick Assist Install

2. download windows quick assist

3. minimal windows 10 iso with quick assist

4. quick assist windows 10 download,
  5. download quick assist app ,
  6. download quick assist