Windows 10: download and update of windows

Discus and support download and update of windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can anyone please tell me what is the exact size of may update2020 its 3hr now still downloading at 45% is it a large file what's the exact size of it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DEBALLC, May 29, 2020.

1. DEBALLC Win User

download and update of windows

can anyone please tell me what is the exact size of may update2020 its 3hr now still downloading at 45% is it a large file what's the exact size of it? thank you

:)

DEBALLC, May 29, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 29, 2020
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, May 29, 2020
  4. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. download and update of windows - Similar Threads - download update

2. windows updates and downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates and downloads: Hello, i have a problem with my windows that i'm not able to download any windows update inculding microsoft store apps they are stuck at 0% downloading and then always give me a different error. I've tried everything i've seen on the internet, i even did a clean reinstall...
  3. error 0x800f0831 update 1909 will not download feature update

error 0x800f0831 update 1909 will not download feature update: all my regular downloads are great this is the first time having code 0x800f0831 when the feature update starts , any ideas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800f0831-update-1909-will-not-download/eece86c8-4c44-40fa-b231-f6702fdd2081
  4. Update sitting at Status: Downloading 100%

Update sitting at Status: Downloading 100%: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 has been sitting at status: downloading 100% and has not progressed. Also has 2020-01 Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64 based systems KB4494174 with status: pending install. Has been like this for several hours. What is...
  5. Windows Update Download Source Locations

Windows Update Download Source Locations: Hello, We have some customers that are concerned about the location of source Windows update download location. For Security and Compliance reasons, they are asking if it possible to limit download sources to US only. Does anyone know of a way to get that done? I vaguely...
  6. my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my start menu icons are not updating it always shows a download symbol on it.: kindly need a help for this problem am running on replacement time of a new laptop lenovo thinkpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-menu-icons-are-not-updating-it-always/c8ea452b-d144-480b-abdc-4dfda2640d24
  7. download bios update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download bios update: Hello everybody, i started having troubles with my computer after updating the bios the other day. Could you tell me exactly the good way to download bios for asus motherboards? Do we have to connect to asus account? What is the ?_ga+series of random numbers avec the...
  8. The 0x800706D9 error occurring while trying to either update or download Microsoft OneNote...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 0x800706D9 error occurring while trying to either update or download Microsoft OneNote...: It’s been driving me insane for a day or so; I’ve already tried to—no avail: reset both applications; use the Windows Update and Windows Store apps troubleshooter; uninstall and reinstall Microsoft OneNote for Windows 10 (I obviously can’t download it back now, though); set...
  9. do you need much internet to download updates?

do you need much internet to download updates?: please help me because i dont have much internet so im afraid that i will cannot download the newest update! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-much-internet-to-download-updates/9d4b4690-ddb9-4a69-a631-24c5a4f5f3cc
  10. Prevent Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during active hours

Prevent Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during active hours: Hi, I'm looking for a way to prevent MS Windows 10 Home from downloading and applying updates during the active hours. On my computer, the active hourse are set from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., which stops Windows from automatic reboots. However, Windows still downloaded and, as I...