Windows 10: download apps w/out microsoft account

Discus and support download apps w/out microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title states; isnt there a way to download new apps without having to create a microsoft account? 6857 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 7, 2015.

1. download apps w/out microsoft account

Like the title states; isnt there a way to download new apps without having to create a microsoft account?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 7, 2015
  2. amanda36 Win User

Cannot change from local account to microsoft account

The problem isn't that I cannot switch between user accounts on my laptop... I only have one set up right now. I would like it to be synched w/ my Microsoft Account so that I don't have to log in to One Drive every time I start up and so that I can download
    apps from the Store w/o getting an error message.

Thanks

amanda36, Jun 7, 2015
  3. Microsoft account help

I have Samsung omnia w phone in which I am get sign in with my microsoft account but when I download app it only says windows live ID is not available. how can I solve it ?

AyushJaiswalTJ, Jun 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

download apps w/out microsoft account

Hello Matt,

I'm afraid not. The Store requires you to sign in to it with a Microsoft account to be able to download and install apps from.

If you like, you can still sign in to Windows with a local account, and only be signed in to the Store with a Microsoft account to download and install your apps.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jun 7, 2015
  5. Actually brinkl; I seemed to have solved this one on my own. It seems that once you get the local account settings the way you want them; then you setup the microsoft account for the apps, etc.; then you can click on sign into each app individually and that seemed to have made it for me so it didnt change my local account settings; but yet; I can still download apps now because i am still signed into my microsoft account as well; I just click on sign each app individually. Not sure if you knew this info; but if you didnt before; you do now Shawn. *Smile

Matt Siegel, Jun 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, that's what was in the tutorial. Glad you got it sorted. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

download apps w/out microsoft account

1. download apps w/out microsoft account - Similar Threads - download apps microsoft

2. Locked out of microsoft account and deleted 2factor authentication app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of microsoft account and deleted 2factor authentication app: HiI've forgotten my account password for my microsoft account and have attempted to reset the password. I have sent a code to my backup email address but Microsoft won't let me access the account due to requiring a code from my authenticator app. Unfortunately I deleted this...
  3. Locked out of microsoft account and deleted 2factor authentication app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Locked out of microsoft account and deleted 2factor authentication app: HiI've forgotten my account password for my microsoft account and have attempted to reset the password. I have sent a code to my backup email address but Microsoft won't let me access the account due to requiring a code from my authenticator app. Unfortunately I deleted this...
  4. Locked out of microsoft account and deleted 2factor authentication app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unlink Microsoft Account w/ Sea Of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink Microsoft Account w/ Sea Of Thieves: Hi, so I purchased Sea of thieves on my Steam account and linked it to one of my Microsoft accounts. Now, the Microsoft account it was linked with was deleted and I'm trying to link my New Microsoft account within Sea of thieves. It asks me to log in, but after logging twice...
  6. Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer went to sleep only w/out Microsoft Account: Previously posted this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-sleep-is-completely-unreliable/56a73ea5-8842-4156-aae6-05062837a775 I reinstalled Windows today but created a local account instead of signing into a Microsoft one. The...
  7. Microsoft app download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft app download: Ho do i find something on my laptop that I just downloaded from the Microsoft store? I have looked in every folder on my laptop and it is not there, although I remember seeing that it would be saved under a certain file...it is not anywhere that I can find. : Can someone...
  8. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5
  9. Add a user account w/out MSoft email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a user account w/out MSoft email: Hi, Kinda perplexed here. I'm starting to set up 3 PCs with W10 Home x64 for use in our Rec Center. Naturally, I'm working with an admin account-which I was able to do during setup using an "Offline Account". I've been trying to set up a standard user account the same way...
  10. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...