Windows 10: Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything

Discus and support Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The download button on check for updates screen is not doing anything? I need to install the latest update to fix a WSL Issue. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/johncaling40, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything

The download button on check for updates screen is not doing anything? I need to install the latest update to fix a WSL Issue. How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/johncaling40
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/johncaling40, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 24, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything

1. Download button on check for updates screen not doing anything - Similar Threads - Download button check

2. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  3. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 version 21H2, but when I click on it nothing happens. Here's what happensI am aware that someone else has asked this before, but none of the fixes seem to work...
  4. Windows Update button doesn't do anything when clicked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  6. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download button is preventing me from checking for updates: for a while now there has been an optional update that no matter how many times i "installed" it, it would always reappear.now however, it says that it is ready to download and showing me the download button. but when i click that button, nothing happens well, the button...
  7. download button is preventing me from checking for updates

8. "Check for updates" doesn't return anything

"Check for updates" doesn't return anything: I go to Settings Update & Security Windows Update. At the top of the window I see:You're not up to dateYour device is missing important security and quality fixes.Below that is a "Check for updates" button. When I click it it appears that it is checking, but after a few...
  9. Windows Update - missing "check for updates" button

Windows Update - missing "check for updates" button: Hi, We have a large number with computers running Windows 10 version 1607, long time not updated not my fault. We decided to update all of these computers but we having troubles. Even if we try to update via Windows Update or via installation media, after update complete...
  10. Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine check exception - can't do ANYTHING.: I recently purchased a custom made pc that the guy used for 6 months with no problems. I turned on the pc i switch it to high performance mode and hit restart as it recommended i do so. When it turned back on i got the Machine check exception stop code. I cant do anything....