Windows 10: download emails problem

Discus and support download emails problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have my email with Lycos and I am trying to find a way to backup my messages. Problem is Lycos does not offer POP/IMAP service for the free email... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pc mess up, May 5, 2017.

1. download emails problem

I have my email with Lycos and I am trying to find a way to backup my messages. Problem is Lycos does not offer POP/IMAP service for the free email service (unless you upgrade to the paid service). Lycos does offer the option to download messages into eml formats but only one message at a time. There is no way to download all the messages.
    Any suggestions? Will win10 mail app work?

:)

pc mess up, May 5, 2017

2. email and download problem

Hi KayAgney,

Thanks for posting on the forum,

Was everything working ok before the update to 8.1?

Have you checked that date and time under settings are set up to manual mode and that are both correct?

Regards,

Gianpaolo L., May 5, 2017
  3. KayAgney Win User
    email and download problem

Everything was working before I updated to 8.1. I had a problem right after I updated to 8.1 but I uninstalled and reinstalled my pop3 email account and it has worked fine until now. I checked the date and time and they are correct. I have tried installing
    and uninstalling my pop3 account with no luck fixing the problem.

KayAgney, May 5, 2017
  4. download emails problem

Hi pc mess up.

Have you considered getting a Gmail account. The reason I suggest gmail is it has a facility to import contacts and mail, the keyword being mail. I've had it work nicely for a couple of clients.

Once you have your gmail account, click its Settings (gear upper right), then across the top of the window that opens, "Accounts and Import".

You can then decide if you want to use gmail through a browser or mail. Gmail has an app for both Android and IOS. Not sure where they are on creating an Windows 10 app.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2017
  5. I thought about gmail but I think to import mail Lycos needs to have POP/IMAP setup? If gmail can import mail without POP/IMAP settings then that'll be great. Can you confirm this?

pc mess up, May 5, 2017
  6. Barman58 Win User
    I think that Thunderbird desktop mail application will still import .EML - it can also handle multiple Pop and IMAP accounts at the same time. Gmail itself can be used to collect mail from other accounts with a pop3 mailbox, and even send from the other addresses

There are numerous ways to get the exact eMail solution you need but it can be a little difficult when the vendor refuses to use the worldwide industry standards without extra charges - I could understand a charge for a not standard option but just to make money is not nice (rant over)

Gmail's Windows 10 app is covered I think by a Chrome Desktop Widget, so would not expect a separate app soon *Wink

Barman58, May 5, 2017
  7. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Go into Lycos email
    Select multiple emails
    Select forward as attachment
    Enter your POP3 email address and send

download emails problem [​IMG]

Start your POP3 email client
    Get new mail
    Open email received from Lycos
    Click "Save All"

(results of "save all")

My test was done with only 10 .eml files attached to a single email message.

You can test the Lycos attachment limits yourself if this method could work for you.

Hope this helps.

8. download emails problem

Actually Gmail needs a protocol to connect. The solutions offered after mine maybe your route out.

What is the shortest period of time you can pay for Lycos services and would it be worth the the cost?

Caledon Ken, May 5, 2017
  9. I have tried out the suggestion about forwarding the messages as attachments and was able to save them to my computer. So now all I need to do is download them into a email client. That's it, job done!
    Many thanks to everyone who inputed to my query.

pc mess up, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

download emails problem

1. download emails problem - Similar Threads - download emails problem

2. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  3. Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems downloading emails received in Yahoo into Windows Mail: I have a Windows 11 laptop and use the Windows Mail app. Within Mail I have linked several email accounts, one of which is my Yahoo account. All my email accounts work fine within Mail, except for my Yahoo account. Approx. 50% of the time, the message is not downloaded from...
  4. Email problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email problem: When I check my email I mark those I want to send to folders and then a menu pops up and unmarks the emails I selected to move. What causes this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-problem/3ea7b08e-88a9-436f-9712-7ec78dd5439d
  5. Email Problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Problem . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. I use Yahoo mail. And, I like it . . . Whenever, I click on, compose: This, email address. On, the from line is:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** But, when I click on send, it says. Please correct, your...
  6. email download problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email download problem: email download problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download-problem/be5585a4-27e3-4914-a62a-84166d2b263b
  7. Email problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Email problems: I have problems with accessing email on my new Windows 10 computer. I have been using a Win 7 system with WLM windows live mail version 2011 since 2012. I am aware that support for this ended some time ago. I have never been able to get Outlook to work properly. I...
  8. email download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email download.: Acc/ Btinternet (bert.theobald)(1) server.mail.btinternet.com emails not downloading.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-download/ac1a731f-79e3-48f6-a604-62f8662c9e6f
  9. Problems with AOL email after downloading windows10

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with AOL email after downloading windows10: After downloading windows 10 I am unable to answer email on aol. As soon as i start typing in a dialog box the aol software shuts down 12785
  10. Problem with email

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with email: Lately I've started to receive spam emails. I normally don't even open these emails but instead add them to my "junk email" list. I cannot do this to these new emails because when I try to add them to the junk email folder a popup box states that the mail does not have a...