Windows 10: Download errors and still using up disk space?

Discus and support Download errors and still using up disk space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i just wanted to install a big .exe file but had too little memory for it so it stopped after some time. now the disk space is full and i can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iCrafter, Sep 10, 2020.

1. iCrafter Win User

Download errors and still using up disk space?

i just wanted to install a big .exe file but had too little memory for it so it stopped after some time. now the disk space is full and i can't find the folder or whatever it was that took so much memory

:)

iCrafter, Sep 10, 2020

2. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Sep 10, 2020
  3. low disk space error

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

low disk space error

I have a HP19 desktop.I keep getting an error that says low disk space on the recovery d drive.How do you fix this?How do you free up space or prevent the message from showing up ?This is what I did and I got lost:

I got lost after "Policies".I couldn't find Explorer.There's no low disk space checks.When I back click,there's no Advanced .I have an HP19 desktop with Windows 10 installed.Drive
    D is the recovery drive.

NATALIA1040, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Download errors and still using up disk space?

Low Disk Space error

I have followed all the steps suggested & the problem is not resolved. How can I do the anniversary update with a USB stick. (I have an SSD laptop with limited space & I have no games installed).

PaulaBryder, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Download errors and still using up disk space?

1. Download errors and still using up disk space? - Similar Threads - Download errors still

2. Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space: I have two Samsung solid state drives both 1 TB as my drive D: which is where I store all of my video data. Windows is installed on Drive C:. I recently received an error when moving data between my phone to drive D: and received an insufficient disk space error despite...
  3. Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insufficient Disk Space Error - Plenty of Disk Space: I have two Samsung solid state drives both 1 TB as my drive D: which is where I store all of my video data. Windows is installed on Drive C:. I recently received an error when moving data between my phone to drive D: and received an insufficient disk space error despite...
  4. Hard disk space is used up by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk space is used up by windows 11: I bought LG laptop which came with windows 11. Now after few months I see the Hard disk is full. I have 500 GB Disk. I spoke to LG and they said this is a bug in Windows 11 and should wait for windows patch. I did all the cleanup steps to free the memory and the only option...
  5. Hard disk space is used up by windows 11

Hard disk space is used up by windows 11: I bought LG laptop which came with windows 11. Now after few months I see the Hard disk is full. I have 500 GB Disk. I spoke to LG and they said this is a bug in Windows 11 and should wait for windows patch. I did all the cleanup steps to free the memory and the only option...
  6. Game doesn't download but still took up space

Game doesn't download but still took up space: I decided to download a game and I left it on to download came back and the download were gone so I checked if it was installed and It did not have the game. Tried to download it again but it said I now have less storage to download it even thought it didn't download. I know...
  7. Cancelled download still taking up space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cancelled download still taking up space: So I started to download a game on the Xbox app but cancelled it before it could finish, the reserved space is still there, how can I clear this space? submitted by /u/zainur98 [link] [comments]...
  8. Back up space on disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up space on disk: It looks like this. My question is, how much can I delete without loosing my files. I have 945gb on my disk. So I need only to backup whats on the computer. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is each file with the same data in, but just updated with new files, or do I need all the...
  9. need to fre up disk space for download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to fre up disk space for download: I downloaded the link that greg recommended but I still need 8 gb of space free on my c: disk. my lap top has 29.1 gb disk space and roughly a little over 4 gb left free. what do I do now? I don't know how to free up space and I don't want to ruin my computer....
  10. Freeing up Disk Space??

Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...