Windows 10: "download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?

Discus and support "download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to download a file.pdf from the net, on clicking download using microsoft edge, a zip file appeared in the file manager. I opened the zip... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by VivekLad, Apr 25, 2021.

1. VivekLad Win User

"download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere?

I was trying to download a file.pdf from the net, on clicking download using microsoft edge, a zip file appeared in the file manager. I opened the zip file without extracting it to check if it was a the file i was looking for. It turned out to be an .exe file. But before i could delete it i was automatically pushed out of the folder and then a pop-up showed up from edge saying "download failed - virus detected".NOTE: i did not run the file. i only opened double clicked the zip file without extracting.At the same time windows defender gave a notification saying "remediation inco

:)

VivekLad, Apr 25, 2021

2. failed Virus detected

Hello Xx_BEAST_xX2121,

I am Vincent. An Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I’d be happy to assist you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your problem.

If you have noticed a Download Failed – Virus detected message on Windows 10 when you tried to download a file from the internet using any browser like Chrome, Firefox, etc., then you need to know that it is your Windows Defender antivirus trying to protect
    your system from a potentially malicious download.

If you are quite sure about the authenticity of the source from where you are downloading the file, then you may want to temporarily disable your security software or maybe set an exception in your antivirus software. In Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Defender
    is the built-in protection from malware that removes viruses and other unwanted files.

Kindly run through the steps on this guide to troubleshoot this issue.

https://thegeekpage.com/download-failed-virus-d...

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Vincent Vismanos

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly
    research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Vincent_Vismanos, Apr 25, 2021
  3. failed Virus detected

can someone help me cause when i try to download a file it says failed virus detected please someone help me

Xx_BEAST_xX2121, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. "download failed- virus detected" Is the pc safe, is the file saved anywhere? - Similar Threads - download failed virus

2. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  3. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  4. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  6. Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected"

Any .exe file I try to download says "Failed - Virus Detected": So this started a day ago when I tried downloading CurseForge. Since then whenever I try to download an exe file it just tells me it failed. I have tried disabling Real-Time Protection, to making my control panel network level medium. I am scared I have a virus and I don't...
  7. Windows Defender Detects Safe file as Virus

Windows Defender Detects Safe file as Virus: My computer recognizes virus-free files as viruses, Why does she do this? please help [ATTACH] [Original Title: problem] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-detects-safe-file-as-virus/07ee1237-2725-42d4-8fba-0445630a6add
  8. Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading files - VIRUS SCAN FAILED: Hi Everyone, I keep getting the message VIRUS SCAN FAILED when I try and download files from all sites on the internet. However can download Windows Updates. Any suggestions would be extremely welcomed. Thank you in advance, John...
  9. failed Virus detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    failed Virus detected: can someone help me cause when i try to download a file it says failed virus detected please someone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-virus-detected/5cccefc0-e9aa-4d9a-887a-6aa9546d65fe
  10. Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected

Downloads always being denied Failed - Virus Detected: So i've been cracking at this for a few days now. No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this issue. I use chrome, I've tried to download a snipcola file for roblox and it is always removed for being a virus. Now, I have tested this out on edge as well, still got the same...