Windows 10: Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up

Discus and support Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently download Skype, for free on the Microsoft site. But I got this error: "Microsoft Defender Smartscreen was not able to scan Skype.exe. You... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Anthony Xu {Student}, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up

I recently download Skype, for free on the Microsoft site. But I got this error:

"Microsoft Defender Smartscreen was not able to scan Skype.exe. You shouldn't keep it unless you're sure it's safe."

Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up 690b46d1-44bb-4d15-88da-75641d576ae5?upload=true.png

And then this shows up on my desktop.

Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up f42da05f-fa5d-4f16-b8cf-f655a56d61f9?upload=true.png

It's called Unconfirmed321132.crdownload. I'm not sure if any of these are safe, so I wanted to ask.

:)

Anthony Xu {Student}, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Silvera Win User

Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

I used step 5 and this was down loaded "Unconfirmed 440011.crdownload" and it is only 1KB

Silvera, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Silvera Win User
    Reg/batch to disable "Open File - Security Warning"

I just tried step 2 and this was down loaded Unconfirmed 496959.crdownload and it also is only 1KB

Silvera, Feb 24, 2021
  4. LIV
    Liv Win User

Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up

Files all downloaded but last part of setup failed

Hi. I was invited to download/install Windows 10 and I followed all the steps to download the files. Then I clicked to install it and it seemed to be doing it. Windows closed down and the computer restarted, but when it opened again it was still Windows 7 and there was a box up relating to Windows upgrades that that said the 'latest upgrade' had failed, and there was a button to click to download Windows 10 if I wanted to (again?!). I don't know where all the files are that were downloaded and what I should do. I saw a suggestion somewhere that firewall/antivirus software can be a problem. I have Bitdefender, that doesn't allow you to disable it.. I suppose I could remove it completely before trying again? But otherwise what should I do? I don't want to download a lot of duplicate files again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Thema:

Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up

1. Download Failed, Warning And Mysterious CRDOWNLOAD File Shows Up - Similar Threads - Download Failed Warning

2. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Download - Security Warning: I have several Chromes shortcuts saved in File Explorer to access financial reporting. on or around February 14, 2024, I started getting File Download - Security Warning. Does anyone know if this was caused by an update?...
  3. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Download - Security Warning: I have several Chromes shortcuts saved in File Explorer to access financial reporting. on or around February 14, 2024, I started getting File Download - Security Warning. Does anyone know if this was caused by an update?...
  4. File Download - Security Warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?: I recently visited a site then a file was automatically downloaded as a crdownload the ask me what to do with each download feature was active on Edge. I scanned the file with m.defender and it was clean. Is it possible that I have infection?...
  6. Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to get infection with a crdownload file?: I recently visited a site then a file was automatically downloaded as a crdownload the ask me what to do with each download feature was active on Edge. I scanned the file with m.defender and it was clean. Is it possible that I have infection?...
  7. Is .CRDOWNLOAD a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is .CRDOWNLOAD a virus?: Hello everyone, so I was scrolling through my downloads until I found a 2GB .CRDOWNLOAD file, heres proof: Yes I am Croatian, but can I delete the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-crdownload-a-virus/5b5c8d5a-0f99-483d-8598-dfe28bc31f6c
  8. Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mystery! MP3 Files Now Showing Up as a CDA!: First, I know what a CDA is and isn't.This morning I popped in a store-bought CD to listen to while I worked. The CD played fine as usual.However, all the files had been changed from mp3 to CDA with a KM Media Player notation. I do not have KM and have never downloaded it.I...
  9. A mysterious error that just showed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A mysterious error that just showed up: So, I have this error when trying to access the Xbox app called "Explorer.exe class not registered." I also cannot access the start menu what so ever. Same with the "type here to search" bar as well. I also, can't right click on these too. I tried to run powershell in the...
  10. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...