Windows 10: Download file will not open

Discus and support Download file will not open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is a question I should ask Nikon, but I downloaded a firmware update and to continue with the process of getting the firmware on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LD750, Dec 26, 2019.

1. LD750 Win User

Download file will not open

I'm not sure if this is a question I should ask Nikon, but I downloaded a firmware update and to continue with the process of getting the firmware on my camera, I have to open the file and extract the bin file. However, clicking on the download file does nothing. No action is taken when I click on it.

I need help if this is a windows problem or something else.

:)

LD750, Dec 26, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 26, 2019
  4. Download file will not open

Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

Download file will not open

1. Download file will not open - Similar Threads - Download file open

2. Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded ZIP files not opening and then disappearing: Hi,I am downloading .zip files from a safe source, Slack. When I try to open the file it says Access Denied, and then short while later the file itself just disappears. First I also got a wacatac.b!ml Trojan warning, and resolved it using the answers provided in the thread:...
  3. Unable to open downloaded files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open downloaded files: Suddenly today I am unable to open any downloaded item. I get the message: Windows cannot find 'C:\users....jpg'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. Any ideas?...
  4. Problem with Opening Downloaded Files

Problem with Opening Downloaded Files: I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad that's about seven years old. I recently updated it to Windows 10. When I try to run a downloaded file, it won't open. Can anyone help me?...
  5. opening of downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening of downloaded files blocked: I think Microsoft is blocking opening of downloads that are not microsoft. I dont know if I have changed some settings somewhere as it wasnt happening before - I just used to get a warning box that the product wasnt Microsoft and did I still want to open it. Now I just get a...
  6. Problem opening downloaded files

Problem opening downloaded files: Cannot open or save any downloaded file or email attachment. Files seem to download OK but when I click open or save I get an error message that says a virus has been detected and file is deleted....
  7. Opening downloaded files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening downloaded files: I downloaded all files from my computer onto a thumb drive, but I cannot open it unless I purchase a program from SearchandRecover, a division of iolo technologies. Do I have to spend $10 to open my own file? If not, how do I open it?...
  8. Downloaded Exe file can not open

Downloaded Exe file can not open: Good day I downloaded an exe file but can not open it. Error message This app can not run on your pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-exe-file-can-not-open/fa456acc-5213-413e-8fa7-1513b4f9ea11"
  9. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt": I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads. I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?...
  10. Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem Opening a Downloaded File in OneNote: Hello all, did some searching for this here and online and came to some solutions close to what I am experiencing, but not on target and would appreciate some help. I have downloaded a OneNote file that I would like to open and am having trouble with it. Every time I try I...