Windows 10: Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

Discus and support Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Probe, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Probe Win User

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the icons along with "list" view sized icons. Aggravating...anyone else having this happen? I'm on version 1903, but this happened with the previous version, I think it was what, 1809?

:)

Probe, Jun 25, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Windows10 1809ver.

How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view?

on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name,
    the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1

I am not asking for "detail" View

Picture 1 (The effect I want to achieve)

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" [​IMG]

Picture 2 (My current situation) (file names cut off,in the ninth group of 1234567890)

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

i find way...

disable-auto-arrange

and working!!

RomeO151028, Jun 25, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" - Similar Threads - Download folder always

2. List displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    List displays: How to stop my laptop from scrolling down lists? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-displays/3c18fd00-4468-4e5b-874c-13e28fa568c0
  3. Group Policy and the Apps List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy and the Apps List: I am working on a Windows 2012 R2 server that is the DC for my network. The employees all use Windows 10 machines governed by Group Policy. We restrict what they see in their Start Menu as well as what is in their apps list. We updated a few computers to see how they would...
  4. Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable group by in Downloads folder (Windows 10 1903): Hi, since I updated to the new Windows 1903 version the files in some folders like "Downloads" are always grouped by the date. I was able to disable this in the File Explorer itself by choosing "Group by = none". But in all kind of "Save as" dialogs from any application the...
  5. delete folder groups

in Windows 10 Support
    delete folder groups: My Windows 10 folders have started sorting content by groups: 0-9, A-H, etc. How do I delete this function? 123416
  6. Downloaded list format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded list format: How do I look at a downloaded list in a normal format instead of notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/downloaded-list-format/2a6022ed-3047-48dc-9e00-843dce7de130
  7. People Group- Distribution Lists

People Group- Distribution Lists: Trying to add some of my contacts to a Distribution List using the Group function. Can't see the Group in the options section https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/people-group-distribution-lists/1ef92108-67e5-4402-aad9-25dd1ef67a7a
  8. Folder List on remote server not fully displayed.

Folder List on remote server not fully displayed.: I have a small network of machines running Win10. All are activated, some were upgrades and then ISO installed to check. Some were Technical Preview installations. Some are FAST ring and some are SLOW ring. They all connect to a NAS to share files in folders and keep...
  9. Set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"?: How can I set Explorer to ALWAYS display folder content sorted by "Type"? Can that be set regardless of other folder/view options? 76828
  10. Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost (no display) Icons and folders in Start and in Apps list: I inadvertently clicked on a programme and not looking properly clicked an acceptance to change the DPI, it was this little app, Windows 10 DPI Fix, all it did was cause the problem that I have now. *Sad Windows 10 DPI Fix 2.2 Read more at: Download Windows 10 DPI Fix -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when download file the names are grouped by date i want none