Windows 10: Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

Discus and support Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Probe, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Probe Win User

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list"

I keep changing the download folder display back to medium sized icons and "none" for groups and it keeps reverting back to "Group" display of the icons along with "list" view sized icons. Aggravating...anyone else having this happen? I'm on version 1903, but this happened with the previous version, I think it was what, 1809?

:)

Probe, Jun 25, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 25, 2019
  3. How to display the full name or change width in folder list view?

Windows10 1809ver.

How to display the full name or change name width in folder list view?

on the my old computer (xp/win7), list View is display the full name,
    the way to display the name is based on the length of the file name,like Picture 1

I am not asking for "detail" View

Picture 1 (The effect I want to achieve)

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" [​IMG]

Picture 2 (My current situation) (file names cut off,in the ninth group of 1234567890)

Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

i find way...

disable-auto-arrange

and working!!

RomeO151028, Jun 25, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Download folder always displays as "Grouped" and in "list" - Similar Threads - Download folder always

2. Download folder automatically sets group by option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder automatically sets group by option: I tried setting group by none for the downloads folder, but many times the settings automatically changes back to group by Date Modified. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-automatically-sets-group-by-option/788e73f7-3bbe-4953-b15c-20a7ade0ac22
  3. Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE

Downloads folder shows group by date - no choice in group by menu for NONE: My downloads folder and other folders when using a save as shows files grouped by dates - I prefer just a plan list in which I can select a sort by clicking on the columns. The instructions for changing this state to right-click on the white space, then select group by then...
  4. "This PC > Downloads" Always returns to grouped.

"This PC > Downloads" Always returns to grouped.: Every time I change my Downloads folder to group by none, it ALWAYS gets reset when I refresh the folder or some back to it. This only specifically happens when it shows up in the address bar as "This PC > Downloads", and not when it shows up as "C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads"....
  5. Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.

Downloads Folder always GROUPS icons and then sorts by date.. CANNOT CHANGE THIS.: For several weeks now this has been happening, and it ONLY happens in the Downloads folder. When I open it it has changed its view settings so that the icons are grouped and sorted by date. I change the settings to NONE for group by.. then change it back to sort by name view...
  6. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  7. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  8. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  9. Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 News
    Restore Display view for files grouped by Date Modified in Downloads folder: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer allows users to group the files by Date, File size, Type, Size, or None. However, now, Windows 10 users have reported that their files in Downloads folder are grouped by Date modified, and they have been unable [...] This post Restore...
  10. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when download file the names are grouped by date i want none