Windows 10: Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads

Discus and support Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded 2 .msi files but do not see them in the Download folder in Quick Access. However, I can see the files here: C:\users\Cookie\Downloads.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Catbill, May 23, 2019.

1. Catbill Win User

Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads

I downloaded 2 .msi files but do not see them in the Download folder in Quick Access.

However, I can see the files here: C:\users\Cookie\Downloads. This is also the path that shows under Properties when I right-click on the Downloads folder in Quick Access.

Why do the 2 .msi files not show up?

How can the Download folder accurately reflect what I have downloaded?

:)

Catbill, May 23, 2019

2. Cannot unping wrong Download Folder from Quick Access

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you follow the instruction provided below and check if it helps.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select unpin from Quick access.

To unpin the download folder from Quick access.

• Right click on download folder.
    • Select pin from Quick access.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press the Windows logo key + E key, to open File Explorer.
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Options button, located in top right corner of the window.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Click on Restore to default button.
    • Click OK.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2019
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, May 23, 2019
  4. Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads

1. Download folder in Quick Access does not show all downloads - Similar Threads - Download folder Quick

2. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  3. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  4. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  5. Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin Downloads folder to Quick Access?: I have no trouble pinning Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music to Quick Access but for some reason Downloads won't pin? I've checked and I can pin literally any other folder, but Downloads won't work. I can click on the option, but when I do nothing happens....
  6. Downloads and other quick access folders no longer showing in "This PC" after updating to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads and other quick access folders no longer showing in "This PC" after updating to...: Is there anyway to get those folders back where it used to be? like here https://support.content.office.net/en-us/media/25d9a0ae-804a-484f-bb4b-86723dc60f2d.pngall the folders above devices and drives seems to be gone...
  7. Download Folder is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Folder is not showing: Download Folder is not showing when i tried to change its location from c drive to D drive its name changed to D:\ then i unpin it from quick access and it disappeared i searched %downloads% and finds nothing...
  8. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  9. Downloads folder not showing all files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder not showing all files: I just noticed that my downloads folder seemed to have less files in it then when I remembered. Currently I can only see 800 files but when I check the properties it says there are 4000 files which makes a lot more sense. I have show hidden files on enabled and everything...
  10. Quick Access Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access Downloads Folder: I've moved the location of my downloads folder to a different drive as it has more space. The windows default downloads location and stuff like the "This PC" link to Downloads all got updated correctly. However, the quick access Downloads link is broken and points to the now...