Windows 10: Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open

Discus and support Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I double-click my Downloads folder, I get this error message. I will have to connect my K: drive hard disk to prevent this error. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndyYeo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. AndyYeo Win User

Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open

Whenever I double-click my Downloads folder, I get this error message.

I will have to connect my K: drive hard disk to prevent this error.

How do I restore it back to work normally without having to connect the K: drive?

Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open 706e3826-4c7f-487a-82ba-2d0fcc7441db?upload=true.png

:)

AndyYeo, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 15, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open

1. Download folder in Win 10 gives this error when tried to open - Similar Threads - Download folder error

2. Error Message when trying to give consent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  3. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message when trying to give consent: Team, I am trying to provide consent for my son's account. I am getting the error: Something's not working It's not you, it's us.I think perhaps I selected USA for my son's account when setting it up, and my account as parent has a different country.that said, I was chatting...
  4. Error Message when trying to give consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i have a win 7 and when i tried to upgrade it to win 10 and it give an error when i open...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i have a win 7 and when i tried to upgrade it to win 10 and it give an error when i open...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/haimen-05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/um511g/i_have_a_win_7_and_when_i_tried_to_upgrade_it_to/
  6. Error messager when trying to open downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error messager when trying to open downloads: Until today, I was always able to open up any and all downloads. I mainly have images saved so far, as this is a new computer for me. When I choose which file I want to download and press OPEN or SELECT, an errror message pops up and says, "media is write protected." Then...
  7. When I try to Download Minecraft it gives me an Error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    When I try to Download Minecraft it gives me an Error: It wont let me download minecraft when I press the install button it works for about 2 seconds then gives me an error code. here is the error code 0x80246007 if that helps...
  8. When I try to open shell:startup it gives me an error (windows 10 2004)

When I try to open shell:startup it gives me an error (windows 10 2004): [ATTACH] Title says it all Thanks This error pops up submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikif19/when_i_try_to_open_shellstartup_it_gives_me_an/
  9. Folders minimizing when trying to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders minimizing when trying to open: All of my folders on my desktop open in a very minimized view. When I right click to maximize and I hold my mouse over the folder it is a little bit bigger but will not maximize. And the same thing happens when I use This PC. It won't open. I have restarted windows...
  10. Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.

Tried the Win Refresh Tool but gives error.: So i'm trying to do a fresh windows install via "Refresh Tool" from windows website but, after the initial setup finishes( downloading , verifying and creating media) shows a frame with the windows logo then shortly after an error message pops saying "Setup couldnt start...