Windows 10: Download folder isn't responding

Discus and support Download folder isn't responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I open download folder and select any file, the file explorer hangs and says (not responding). What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rahulmahey, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Download folder isn't responding

Hi, whenever I open download folder and select any file, the file explorer hangs and says (not responding).

What should I do?

:)

rahulmahey, Jul 3, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 3, 2019
  3. KDoucet2 Win User
    Download folder not responding

I recently tried to download a video and since then I can't open the Download folder. I want to delete the file which I suspect must be corrupt, but every time I open the Downloads folder, it says "working on it" and the Download folder is "Not responding".
    I'd like to delete all the contents of the folder.

Any suggestions?

KDoucet2, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Download folder isn't responding

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Download folder isn't responding

1. Download folder isn't responding - Similar Threads - Download folder isn't

2. Taskbar isn't responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar isn't responding: I have the exact same issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-10-taskbar-not-responding-and/376509ef-d392-429a-ba25-453f3d875916But I tried both solutions and they didn't work, taksbar is still stuck at loading whenever I hover over...
  3. Taskbar isn't responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar isn't responding: I have the exact same issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-window-10-taskbar-not-responding-and/376509ef-d392-429a-ba25-453f3d875916But I tried both solutions and they didn't work, taksbar is still stuck at loading whenever I hover over...
  4. Taskbar isn't responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Downloads folder not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder not responding: So, I am trying to get into certain files on my pc and whenever I try to Open my downloads folder in the download manager, it says not responding at a certain point in my the downloads folder and whenever I try to close it out, my pc goes to a black screen in a few seconds...
  6. Download Folder Locks in Not Responding Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download Folder Locks in Not Responding Freeze: Good day, Community: I've seen this issue discussed before but I personally had not experienced this behavior on my PC until yesterday. I thought I had resolved the issue, but it re-occurred today. The issue is this: when I access my Download folder, it opens and remains...
  7. touchpad isn't responding!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad isn't responding!: My touchpad suddenly stopped responding, but the external mouse is working fine. I tried force shut down but after sometime it again stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-isnt-responding/142bbdb0-c209-4dc6-9bec-05db069e3db7
  8. Desktop isn't responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop isn't responding: I just restored my pc to Factory setting , after setting it up i found the desktop screen black and when i left or right click nothing happens , everything else works fine all the apps work the task bar fonctions , i can't seem to fix it Edit : i just found out that when i...
  9. Download folder not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder not responding: Dear all, recently my download folder stopped responding, I updated my laptop twice in 4 days and rebooted numerous times and still my download folder won't respond, I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any advice?...
  10. cortana isn't responding

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana isn't responding: Hello Recently Cortana was working just fine then yesterday i was trying to to make it shutdown my laptop but it heard me kept loading and did nothing. And when i opened the task manger i found that it's suspended i don't know how or why!!! I have tried reinstalling it...