Windows 10: Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

Discus and support Download folder missing from C:/User/ in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shobit Sharma, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Download folder missing from C:/User/

I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried changing it back in registry and restarting but nothing happened.I can open download folder from quick access or from browser, file location in downloads also show the path - "C:/users/surin/Downloads", but the folder is not showing in that location.Also, If I try to create a new folder with same name, it does ask me if I w

:)

Shobit Sharma, Feb 27, 2024
  2. LemP Win User

User's folder is not present in c:\\Users

Putting aside your somewhat random use of forward, backward, and double slashes, please explain the difference between:

• In Windows 7 Window Explorer, one cannot view the UserName folder
      in c:\\Users
    and

• UserName folder, normally viewable from c://Users, can be still be viewed and fully accessed from UserName's Desktop
      via Window's Explorer
    Click Start, type C:\Users into the Search box, and press Enter

Please list everything you see. If you would rather not reveal actual user names, use UserA, UserB, UserC, etc. Please mention whether view hidden files and folders is enabled or not.

Is the name of one (or more) users missing from the list of items?

Navigate to any document in the "UserName folder" that you can't see in C:\Users, then right-click and select Properties.

What is shown as the document's "Location"? Again, if you want to use UserA rather than the actual name, that's OK.

3. Callender Win User
    Missing Download folder

In addition:

Navigate to C:\Users\Username\

Right click the downloads folder and delete it.

Download folder missing from C:/User/<username> 279348d1589893951t-missing-download-folder-downloads-folder.jpg

Then set folder view options to show hidden files:

Download folder missing from C:/User/<username> 279349d1589894116t-missing-download-folder-folder-options.jpg

Then navigate to:

C:\Users\Default

Right click the downloads folder and select copy.

Then navigate back to:

Navigate to C:\Users\Username\

Right click inside the window and select Paste.

Callender, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Download folder missing from C:/User/

Desktop Folder's Location is set to C:\Users\USERNAME instead of C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop

I was changing the location of the user folders (documents, pictures, downloads e.t.c) to my D drive instead of C because it has more space but accidentally messed up the location of the desktop folder. I then tried to change it back to how it was by setting
    its location to C:\Users\USERNAME but it didn't know the actual location should be C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop.

Now the desktop folder has somehow taken up the location of my user folder, and if I try to create another folder with my username, it just says that the desktop IS the user folder. Anything I put in the desktop folder, of course, shows up on the pc desktop.

Since this desktop folder takes the location of the user folder, it contains the AppData folder. If I try to move the folder properly to the D drive again, it gives the error message 'Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that
    can't be redirected. Access Denied.' If I try to restore default - C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop - the most obvious solution I get another error saying 'Cant redirect a parent to a child. The specified path is invalid.'

I searched for a solution and I found that going into Regedit and then Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and clicking on Desktop, you can change the location. I tried this and entered the default
    location, restarted the computer, as well as the new location I was trying to get. Both times Regedit says the location is changed but there aren't any changes in the users folder.

So now I've ended up with C:\Users containing 'defaultuser0', 'Desktop' and 'Public'. and my D drive containing all the user folders (documents, pictures, downloads e.t.c). I don't really know if it will cause any problems, but I don't think having the USERNAME
    folder and the Desktop folder merged together is very good...

Ahnaf Tahmid, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Download folder missing from C:/User/

1. Download folder missing from C:/User/ - Similar Threads - Download folder missing

2. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...
  3. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  4. How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change username under C:/Users/username folder?: I have a Microsoft account which I have been using for a long time. Recently i restored my pc to factory settings OEM settings and i was asked to connect it to my Microsoft account while it was setting up windows 11.Now the problem is, the username folder the pc is showing is...
  5. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  6. Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from c:\user\username\onedrive\pictures to c:\user\username\pictures: Hi--I have a Lightroom Classic catalog which does not play well with onedrive. I also have no need for onedrive as I am without internet for about half the year. I have disabled one drive not connected, but want to get my files out of a local drive with the word "onedrive" in...
  7. Username in the Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username in the Users Folder: Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous...
  8. Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing

Windows 10 - c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing: I have a user who is running Windows 10 1904 and the entire c:\users\%username%\appdata\local\Microsoft folder is missing. I have tried doing a repair on Office to see if it would come back as I originally found the situation while trying to fix an issue with Outlook that...
  9. Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?: How the USERNAME: lusrmgr , c:\users [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-not-corresponding-from-lusrmgr-to-cusers/2ddc8b98-1bf1-4314-acac-9d37feaa47e4
  10. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>"

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>": "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>" refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and...