Windows 10: Download folder not responding

Discus and support Download folder not responding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, recently my download folder stopped responding, I updated my laptop twice in 4 days and rebooted numerous times and still my download folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by F1RacingGuy, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Download folder not responding

Dear all, recently my download folder stopped responding, I updated my laptop twice in 4 days and rebooted numerous times and still my download folder won't respond, I'm at a loss as to what to do. Any advice?

:)

F1RacingGuy, Jun 10, 2020
  2. KDoucet2 Win User

Download folder not responding

I recently tried to download a video and since then I can't open the Download folder. I want to delete the file which I suspect must be corrupt, but every time I open the Downloads folder, it says "working on it" and the Download folder is "Not responding".
    I'd like to delete all the contents of the folder.

Any suggestions?

KDoucet2, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Download folder not responding

Download folder isn't responding

To fix this, we need to change the folder type to “General items”, so that Windows does not consider it a pictures folder and opens up quickly. This is changed in the Downloads folder properties.

• Right click on the Downloads folder and select Properties.
    • Go to Customize
    • In the Optimize this folder settings, set it to General items.
    • Also check the settings “Also apply this template to all subfolders”and click apply and then OK

Thank You,

Sanghati

Sanghati Barman, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Download folder not responding

1. Download folder not responding - Similar Threads - Download folder responding

2. download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?: download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-doesnt-responding-how-to-fix-this/784b29dd-c265-45d2-add2-2936016fa404
  3. download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?: download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-doesnt-responding-how-to-fix-this/784b29dd-c265-45d2-add2-2936016fa404
  4. Downloads Folder not responding in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Downloads Folder not responding in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]The Downloads folder is where all downloaded files are stored by default. Some users have reported that, at times, it stops responding to the system. In case the Downloads folder of your Windows 11/10 computer isn’t responding, then please read through this article...
  5. Downloads folder not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads folder not responding: So, I am trying to get into certain files on my pc and whenever I try to Open my downloads folder in the download manager, it says not responding at a certain point in my the downloads folder and whenever I try to close it out, my pc goes to a black screen in a few seconds...
  6. Download Folder Locks in Not Responding Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download Folder Locks in Not Responding Freeze: Good day, Community: I've seen this issue discussed before but I personally had not experienced this behavior on my PC until yesterday. I thought I had resolved the issue, but it re-occurred today. The issue is this: when I access my Download folder, it opens and remains...
  7. Folder not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder not responding: Hey, I'm trying to open a zip file from the internet, and when I extract the file, it takes a while, and when it does eventually extract and I click on the folder, and the window says it's not responding and essentially crashes. It's only for this file. What's going on here?...
  8. Windows 10 Explorer is not responding for downloads folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Explorer is not responding for downloads folder: Yesterday suddenly Windows Explorer stopped working for the Downloads folder. Clicking on it just gives the Not responding message forever. Tried the solution of restarting Windows Explorer, then restarting the computer; did this repeatedly. I can still access the contents...
  9. Folders not responding

Folders not responding: When i click on any folder and then select a file, it hangs. It says on top of the folder "Not Responding". When i close the folder the screen refreshes and the folder closes. But the problem of not responsing persists every time i open the folder and click to open a file....
  10. Download folder isn't responding

Download folder isn't responding: Hi, whenever I open download folder and select any file, the file explorer hangs and says (not responding). What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-isnt-responding/f3697c5e-90fa-40a0-a30f-ad63b2a4c194"