Windows 10: Download folder takes too long to load

Discus and support Download folder takes too long to load in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Giridhar Chandra Shekar, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Download folder takes too long to load

Hi,

I am using widows 10. The browser I am using is Brave. I really do not why it takes too long for the download folder to load. By download folder I mean the folder in which the files downloaded from the internet are stored. I have also noticed that when I download some files say PDF, .docx etc. The type of file doesn't really matter, the download folder loads as usual. Where for some rather most of the files it loads really slowly. It takes about 3-5 seconds to load. I had the same issue when I was using Chrome browser. Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed?

:)

Giridhar Chandra Shekar, Apr 12, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 12, 2020
  3. vjacobie Win User
    Download folder takes an age to load

Hey there WightWalker,

Not sure if you have found your solution yet, but I was struggling with this particular issue since installation of Windows 10. A number of my folders took forever to sort by Date, size or anything except the standard Windows Explorer Display.
    Luckily, there is an exact solution that works like a charm!!
    Step 1: Open Explorer
    Step 2: Go to the folder that you have issues with (but don't go into the folder)
    Step 3: Right click on the folder, and select Properties
    Step 4: Click on the "Customize" tab
    Step 5: Under the "Optimize this folder for:" drop down, change this to "General Items"
    Step 6: Tick the box that says include subfolders
    Step 7: Click Apply and OK
    Step 8: Done, move on to your next problem folder and repeat Download folder takes too long to load :)

vjacobie, Apr 12, 2020
  4. DanielYX Win User

Download folder takes too long to load

Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Download folder takes too long to load

1. Download folder takes too long to load - Similar Threads - Download folder takes

2. Safe Mode takes too long to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode takes too long to load: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why[Original Title: Safe mode taking literal hours to boot anyone know why] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-takes-too-long-to-load/7016f755-f063-4651-b38b-867f8e0774b2
  3. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  4. Updates taking too long to download and install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates taking too long to download and install: Split from this thread. Hello and thanks for all the good tips to fix windows 10.I want to figure out every second Tuesdays updates there are several different kinds of KB updates and my old windows 10 laptop it takes it like 2 hours to get all the KB file downloads then...
  5. downloads taking way too long to complete.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloads taking way too long to complete.: Hi my name is AayanI have been using microsoft store for a long time and came up with this bug.whenever i try to update an app, it takes too long and gets stuck on pending. At one point, microsoft store stopped completely and whenever i tried to open it, it does not open up....
  6. Virtual Box taking too long to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box taking too long to load: Hello! So whenever I'm trying to use Virtual Box it's just stuck on like loading like I can't move my mouse, or do anything. The only solution for it to shutdown I just wait for my battery to drain I'm using a laptop. Please help me...
  7. Lots of websites taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lots of websites taking too long to load: Recently I've been getting an issue on chrome, edge and internet explorer where is says: 'website name took to long to respond'. This has been happening on a few websites and also with certain apps such as steam and epic games. I have a wireless connection to m my internet...
  8. Opening a New Folder takes too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a New Folder takes too long: Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it takes about 15 seconds to open a New Folder on the Desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-a-new-folder-takes-too-long/a760502b-d040-4d47-8c50-e60313f26ee7"
  9. bitdefender taking too long to Download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitdefender taking too long to Download.: so i bought Bitdefender antivirus Plus, and when i selected my product name i clicked "install" button. "Downloading package" is taking to long to download and after a moment it will fail to download. so i have to do it again and again. *still haven't install bitdefender....
  10. Windows taking too long to load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows taking too long to load: I am a bit perplexed and confused whether this issue is a software issue or a hardware issue! *Confused From power on to working desktop it takes about 15 to 20 minutes! I updated from Windows 7 HP 64bit to Windows 10 Home Free when it was available and then to Windows 10...