Windows 10: Download Folder won't open

Discus and support Download Folder won't open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on the download folder in the Windows 10 Explorer I just see "Working on it..." and it never opens. See screen capture images below for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by troyldavis, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Download Folder won't open

When I click on the download folder in the Windows 10 Explorer I just see "Working on it..." and it never opens. See screen capture images below for other messages. Any ideas?

Download Folder won't open a7b567f5-3c60-4708-920e-65ec7c7d9279?upload=true.gif Download Folder won't open 19704dad-7b14-40c7-989a-873c21beb567?upload=true.gif

:)

troyldavis, Apr 2, 2020
  2. AFTommy Win User

Folder won"t go away

I have a no longer used folder than I cannot delete. I have tried various third party apps to no avain. Any ideas how I can send this folder to "Never Never Land"

Download Folder won't open [​IMG]

AFTommy, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 2, 2020
  4. tops Win User

Download Folder won't open

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Download Folder won't open

1. Download Folder won't open - Similar Threads - Download Folder won't

2. Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...: Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the problems but get an error message irsetup: invalid start mode archive filename. How do I fix this? Cannot take a screenshot either....
  3. Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...: Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the problems but get an error message irsetup: invalid start mode archive filename. How do I fix this? Cannot take a screenshot either....
  4. Folders on desktop won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  5. Folders on desktop won't open.

Folders on desktop won't open.: I upgraded my PC from Windows 11 home to Pro. Now I am having issues with the folders on the desktop. double click dont work and right click and pressing open dont work.I went to task manager and restarted windows explorer. Didn't fix.In task manager I ended window explorer...
  6. Problem to open the download folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem to open the download folder.: When I am going to open the downloads folder it shows that it is on working mood. Some times later shows not response. I attached a screenshot please see it....
  7. folders won't open on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    folders won't open on desktop.: File folders on the desktop won't open. They seem to try to open then go to the taskbar where I can barely see them and cannot open them. The same issue is with file explorer and recycle. They won't open either but again seem to try to open then go to the task bar where I can...
  8. Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?: Hello, Trying to rely on using Edge over IE. Small things like this are annoying me: Download a file and then I click on the section to 'open folder'. The Downloads folder opens, but just stays at the bottom, it doesn't pop up. The file I just downloaded is...
  9. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt": I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads. I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?...
  10. "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downloads" folder won't automatically refresh: Hi guys, I have my downloads folder sorted by "Date Added" (newest at the top) and whenever I download a new file, the file will always goes to the bottom (when I have the Downloads folder open as I click download). I then refresh the page and it goes to the top of the...