Windows 10: Download Folder

Discus and support Download Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I signify which folder my downloads by default go to when downloaded?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArtNovak, Aug 25, 2020.

1. ArtNovak Win User

Download Folder

How do I signify which folder my downloads by default go to when downloaded?

:)

ArtNovak, Aug 25, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 25, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Aug 25, 2020
  4. monim1 Win User

Download Folder

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Download Folder

1. Download Folder - Similar Threads - Download Folder

2. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  3. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  4. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  5. Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.

Downloads folder won't load, but only from quick access.: I have a user that his Downloads folder will load forever, and the CPU usage goes to 100% when he tries opening it up from quick access. If I go through C -> Users -> his user and then Downloads, it opens just fine.What I tried so far: - I removed it from quick access and...
  6. download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?: download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-doesnt-responding-how-to-fix-this/784b29dd-c265-45d2-add2-2936016fa404
  7. download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?

download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this?: download folder doesn't responding. how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folder-doesnt-responding-how-to-fix-this/784b29dd-c265-45d2-add2-2936016fa404
  8. How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?: I deleted my Downloads folder by accident. Is there any way to get it back? The computer now created a random folder and is using it as a download folder. But is there any way to get the old one back with its files? Thanks,...
  9. How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?

How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?: I deleted my Downloads folder by accident. Is there any way to get it back? The computer now created a random folder and is using it as a download folder. But is there any way to get the old one back with its files? Thanks,...
  10. Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>

Download folder missing from C:/User/<username>: I was trying to transfer Downloads folder to E:/Downloads by editing it's location in properties.After updating the location download folder from C: drive vanished but no new download folder in E: drive and all the downloads still going to original C: drive location.I tried...