Windows 10: download folders show empty

Discus and support download folders show empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crazyj6867, Sep 17, 2020.

1. download folders show empty

i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty

:)

crazyj6867, Sep 17, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 17, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Sep 17, 2020
  4. download folders show empty

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

download folders show empty

1. download folders show empty - Similar Threads - download folders show

2. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  3. Empty folders keep being downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty folders keep being downloaded: A folder named This idea must die_ scientific ideas that are blocking -- Brockman, John, 1941- editor -- 2015 -- New York_ Harper Perennial -- 9780062374349 -- cce1ac6f871ad7eef403aa9a2f58a3b7 -- Anna’s Archive_2024-02-20_22-57-10 is being created every second except the...
  4. Documents and downloads folders empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents and downloads folders empty: I bought a new windows 11 machine to replace an existing window10 PC. I moved my C drive from my old computer to my new computer now the D: drive. However, the documents and the downloads folders from the old computer on drive D: now appear empty. What happened and can I find...
  5. Documents and downloads folders empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents and downloads folders empty: I bought a new windows 11 machine to replace an existing window10 PC. I moved my C drive from my old computer to my new computer now the D: drive. However, the documents and the downloads folders from the old computer on drive D: now appear empty. What happened and can I find...
  6. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  7. Why is my download folder empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is my download folder empty?: I've downloaded files but my user download folder is empty. Download manager shows the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-download-folder-empty/15a252b6-983c-4744-bd87-74d2abdbff8c"
  8. My download folder is empty

My download folder is empty: A few days ago I bought a brand new laptop and updated everything so I could start downloading the things I needed. I start downloading and my download folder is empty, when I go to Edge it and click show folder for my downloads its still empty. I don't know what to do....
  9. windows 10 showing empty folders

windows 10 showing empty folders: folders showing empty in documents in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-empty-folders/71e46bd1-5e90-4fcd-b8f6-341f856e0df5"
  10. Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download folder.: Can we delete all folders and files in the above folder? 37643