Windows 10: download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

Discus and support download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what happened but when i go to download videos, the only way i can save a video now is either as a "html document" or "All Files" I even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dipal9517, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Dipal9517 Win User

download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

I don't know what happened but when i go to download videos, the only way i can save a video now is either as a "html document" or "All Files"

I even tried to find the .file to change the default app as that is the type of file it downloads as but to no avail. i was wondering how i can fix this issue? Thanks

:)

Dipal9517, Aug 7, 2019

2. MP4 Repair

I gave that program a try last night and it said my corrupted file wasn't the right format..... Although all gopro files are mp4 and the videos before and after were just fine haha. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try it again using a bunch of different reference videos and see if that fixes it.

jasper1605, Aug 7, 2019
  3. MP4 format player

Hai

I have nokia n-72 model mobile. It is storing all video applications in .MP4 format. So iam not able to play those video clips in my pC. Suggest me which software i have to install in my PC, so that i can play .MP4 format video files.

chandrasekhar---01, Aug 7, 2019
  4. download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files

1. download format changed and cannot download mp4 video files - Similar Threads - download format changed

2. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  3. Cannot play MP4 Videos .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot play MP4 Videos .: Ok so when i open an MP4 vid it says "the volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid" It was a video file from bandicam Screen Recorder App I tried rerinstalling the app removing folders still i cant play anything !...
  4. cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder: nothing has worked so far to delete this file any type of file editor crashes when trying to edit the file and hitting delete on the file does nothing...
  5. MP4 videos downloading to HTML only

in Windows 10 Support
    MP4 videos downloading to HTML only: Out of the blue when I download MP4 videos they show (save as) as HTML only. I never had this problem before, now even when I try to change the .htm file to .mp4; no-go. I've been using a copy and paste (url) downloader for the past year and all of a sudden I'm stuck with...
  6. Download format files. How to change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download format files. How to change?: So i am trying to get a file downloaded but it keeps downloading as a Photoshop file. how do i change the default way that it downloads to like a pdf or a jpg. submitted by /u/dovice_YT [link] [comments]...
  7. Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot delete downloaded mkv video file: I downloaded a video file some time ago and have not been able to delete it. The only thing that happens is that a colored line progresses along the top of the window, I assume to search, but the file does not go away, and waiting for an hour never sees the end of the search...
  8. Cannot download a video from an .mp4 link in an email

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download a video from an .mp4 link in an email: Get message saying Look for an app in the Microsoft Store. When I try to do that it says Results for ttps. No results found for this filtering. I have downloaded loads of these videos in the past with no trouble. Can anyone advise please. Thank you....
  9. My Computer file tab, and changing download file format

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer file tab, and changing download file format: I want to download qif files. I couldn't open them and by mistake I right-clicked Open with and selected Notepad to see if there was any data in the file. Now i want to go back to default qif but I can't see how to do that. I have tried to get My Computer icon on my...
  10. Problem with exprting video in MP4 format

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem with exprting video in MP4 format: I had purchased the app day before yesterday and had been trying to export a video created in MP4 format since than however, been unsuccessful so far. Noticed that the file creation does start in the folder but the file disappears after the process completes. I have 100s of...