Windows 10: Download Language typing features FAILED

Discus and support Download Language typing features FAILED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Egemar07, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Egemar07 Win User

Download Language typing features FAILED

Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features"

When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional features" here i can see it is downloading a language package, for me it is danish its trying to install..
    But after a couple of seconds, the download fails and tells me...

"Something happenened, and we couldn't install a feature. tap to get more information"

If i tap it, i come back to the "manage optional features" And nothing else happens.

10-15 minutes later the process starts over, and over and over, all day long.

Please help me to fix this, as it is very annoying.

:)

Egemar07, Oct 8, 2018

2. Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

Download Language typing features FAILED bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

Download Language typing features FAILED 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Oct 8, 2018
  3. jsmithy1 Win User
    Language options fail to download

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions are of no help and don't address the specific issues I raise.

How do I change the Speech language if English (United States) is the only option and yet if I try to download the Speech pack for English (UK) it fails?

The link you sent to language packs has no download links as far as I can see but the page just lists languages.

Still not fixed...

Download fails every time.

jsmithy1, Oct 8, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

Get rid of 'language typing features' notification

I have more than one language installed and I do not have that popup at all.
    I have no answer for you.

However, until you find the solution, here are 2 suggestions which you might not like any of them........
    1. Install the darn typing feature.
    2. A temporary workaround.
    Go to Settings > Devices > left side, Typing > right side, turn both sliders OFF.

Download Language typing features FAILED [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Download Language typing features FAILED - Similar Threads - Download Language typing

2. LANGUAGE PACK INSTALLED BUT BASIC TYPING AND HANDWRITING FEATURE FAILED: ERROR CODE 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LANGUAGE PACK INSTALLED BUT BASIC TYPING AND HANDWRITING FEATURE FAILED: ERROR CODE 0x80070490: Hi Guys, I am asking for help with installation of the typing feature of windows. I am using English as OS default language but would like to add Simplified Chinese but I kept having this error. I am using Windows 11. I basically got a new laptop with recent update to windows...
  3. LANGUAGE PACK INSTALLED BUT BASIC TYPING AND HANDWRITING FEATURE FAILED: ERROR CODE 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LANGUAGE PACK INSTALLED BUT BASIC TYPING AND HANDWRITING FEATURE FAILED: ERROR CODE 0x80070490: Hi Guys, I am asking for help with installation of the typing feature of windows. I am using English as OS default language but would like to add Simplified Chinese but I kept having this error. I am using Windows 11. I basically got a new laptop with recent update to windows...
  4. Unable to download language features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download language features: I'm completely unable to download language features, it just says that it's searching for language features, is there a way to manually install these or another possible solution? If anyone is wondering, I'm using a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4XU96EA#ABU.[ATTACH]...
  5. Canceling Optional Language Features download

Canceling Optional Language Features download: Hi, I wanted to start typing in Mandarin on my Windows 10 PC, so I installed several different input languages for Chinese. I removed the input languages that I didn't like, but I didn't know that the optional features were still being downloaded, resulting in a pile-up of...
  6. Can't download the feature language

Can't download the feature language: Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language. but when I tried to install the language there is...
  7. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  8. 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up: Hello Forum users. 'Download language typing features ...' keep popping up on the screen every 20 minutes or so. See attached screenshot. How do I get rid of that? Thanks Forum Peeps. Pierre 117623
  9. "Language Typing Features" Popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    "Language Typing Features" Popping up: On my Windows 10 installation (Home, 64-bit), I have disabled "Show app notifications" AND "Show me tips about Windows". However, every now and then a message pops up (from the "Action Centre" just next to the clock) stating "Language typing feature - Install typing...
  10. Get rid of 'language typing features' notification

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of 'language typing features' notification: Hi all, Love Windows 10 so far, has exceeded my expectations. Apart from one annoying thing: the language typing features notification. I turned off windows tips in settings a while back and the notification stopped. But now it's back! Does anyone know how to get rid of it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download language typing features

2. bopomofo typing feature

3. windows 10 language options unable to download basic typing

4. windows 10 russian typing install failed,
  5. windows 10 download language typing features,
  6. nu vot,
  7. basic typing arabic on windows,
  8. microsoft language option chinese basic typing download fail,
  9. download feature English (GB) typing,
  10. japanese basic typing download for windows 10 version 1809,
  11. windfows 10 lanuage options basic typing,