Windows 10: 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

Discus and support 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Forum users. 'Download language typing features ...' keep popping up on the screen every 20 minutes or so. See attached screenshot. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Montrealer99, Sep 10, 2018.

1. 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

Hello Forum users.
    'Download language typing features ...' keep popping up on the screen every 20 minutes or so.
    See attached screenshot.
    How do I get rid of that?
    Thanks Forum Peeps.
    Pierre

:)

Montrealer99, Sep 10, 2018

2. "Language Typing Features" Popping up

On my Windows 10 installation (Home, 64-bit), I have disabled "Show app notifications" AND "Show me tips about Windows".

However, every now and then a message pops up (from the "Action Centre" just next to the clock) stating "Language typing feature - Install typing features for your language".

I do not want to install any language features, how can I disable this?

richardanthony, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Language typing features

Hi Niranjan

Regarding your suggestion, to turn off

• "Autocorrect Misspelled Words"
    • "Highlight Misspelled Words"
    This indeed stops the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features

• Can you please clarify if only one (and if so, which one) OR both of these settings need to be turned off to stop the notifications?
    • Secondly, the problem with your suggestion is that the notifications stop at the expense of an effectively deactivated functionality.

Moreover, the Autocorrect and Highlight functions are turned off
      globally, ie across all installed languages.

For example, in my case I have a second language and keyboard installed (Russian). I have NOT installed, under Language Options for Russian: Basic Typing, Handwriting and Speech options. I suspect that was the cause of Install Language Typing Features notifications
      in Action Centre.

'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up bea108bb-0fae-40f0-b72a-040277b1214c.jpg

'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up 5220a74c-153a-43ed-b8ca-d2ff3f4495b2.jpg

However, now that I've turned off the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, they are obviously not working when I switch to English either.

So the question remains, is it possible to turn off or suppress the Action Centre - Language Settings notifications, prompting to install Language Typing Features WITHOUT deactivating the Autocorrect and Highlight functions, at least for the languages that
      are not missing any installed options (in my case, English)
    Look forward to your response.

H.E. Pennypacker, Sep 10, 2018
  4. terwil Win User

'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

"Language Typing Features" Popping up

I have this problem also - will watch out for a solution

terwil, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up

1. 'Download language typing features ...' keeps popping up - Similar Threads - 'Download language typing

2. Unable to download language features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to download language features: I'm completely unable to download language features, it just says that it's searching for language features, is there a way to manually install these or another possible solution? If anyone is wondering, I'm using a HP Laptop 15-da0xxx 4XU96EA#ABU.[ATTACH]...
  3. Anoying Language Pop-Up

Anoying Language Pop-Up: How can i remove the anoying Popup that appears when pressing Alt+Shift or Shift+Alt and stays there until i change language? I already know what language i'm using, i dont need to have half my screen occupied by this anoying pop up to tell me which language i'm chossing...
  4. Pop-Up language bar

Pop-Up language bar: After the update, when switching languages, a pop-up language bar began to appear on the right side. Please teach how to remove it. He is very nervous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-language-bar/bbb98cb9-469e-472b-b218-e59530edd448
  5. Family Features pop up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Features pop up: Hi there, I keep getting a pop up asking me to sign in to my Microsoft account to turn on family features but I don't wish to. How do I disable this pop up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-features-pop-up/283a30e4-0f64-411b-baa5-6b030f4407ff"
  6. Can't download the feature language

Can't download the feature language: Dear Microsoft, Good evening, My Name is Nanda and i'm from Indonesia. I would like to ask, how to adding other language in the windows. my administrator language is US English, so I want to install Japanese language. but when I tried to install the language there is...
  7. Microsoft Family Features keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Features keeps popping up: Hi there, Recently after accidentally tweaking a setting in the registry, I managed to delete my user account (and my files). Just the day before, I had created a restore point, so I restored my computer from there. Other than a few files going missing and programs...
  8. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  9. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...
  10. "Language Typing Features" Popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    "Language Typing Features" Popping up: On my Windows 10 installation (Home, 64-bit), I have disabled "Show app notifications" AND "Show me tips about Windows". However, every now and then a message pops up (from the "Action Centre" just next to the clock) stating "Language typing feature - Install typing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. language feature basic typing disabled

2. disable download language typing feature

3. download language typing features

4. language typing features,
  5. language pack typing features,
  6. language pack basic typing fails to download,
  7. download language typing,
  8. win10 disable download language typing message,
  9. turn off download language typing features,
  10. windows 10 download language typing features