Windows 10: Download on D drive

Discus and support Download on D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to download epic games launcher on my D drive but I keep getting the error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterG13, Oct 14, 2020.

1. PeterG13 Win User

Download on D drive

I am trying to download epic games launcher on my D drive but I keep getting the error "there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run."
    However, if I download epic games launcher in the C drive program files default location it works just fine. I do not have lots of space however on my C drive so I need to download epic games launcher on my D drive.

:)

PeterG13, Oct 14, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Download on D drive

Not enough space on Recovery (DDownload on D drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DDownload on D drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Download on D drive

1. Download on D drive - Similar Threads - Download drive

2. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  3. how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to install a windows 11 onto a flash drive to download on another computer: i want to install windows 11 on my old computer that crashed its a acer a5 will it be compatible with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-a-windows-11-onto-a-flash-drive-to/9fe2d056-8501-4d39-bdf7-cf27cfcfacfa
  4. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  5. Moving download folder to C:\ drive

Moving download folder to C:\ drive: So the other day I reinstalled my windows 11 and I moved my downloads folder to D:\ drive and now I want to move it to C:\ Drive but an error keeps popping up "Failed to build regular subdirectories under D:\Config.Msi". Access is denied."...
  6. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199
  7. I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing

I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing: I have no wifi icon, no internet, i cant download any drive, and my wifi driver is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-wifi-icon-no-internet-i-cant-download/17f42b1e-eab3-4a89-91ef-ea651a0b4199
  8. Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11: Hello,I recently updated to windows 11 and now my TB harddrive separate from my C Drive that is internal is registered on my computer as D: but it says "No Media" and registers as being 0MB. I was wondering of any ways of fixing this problem as the device was previously...
  9. Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11

Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11: Hello,I recently updated to windows 11 and now my TB harddrive separate from my C Drive that is internal is registered on my computer as D: but it says "No Media" and registers as being 0MB. I was wondering of any ways of fixing this problem as the device was previously...
  10. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver": I formatted the notebook and it didn't come with the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver" and it doesn't show the battery percentage. I tried several methods but it didn't work, I'm wanting to download this Drive to be able to solve this problem. Support can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive d download