Windows 10: download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10

Discus and support download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have some photos and videos taken many years ago on old CD's that I would like to recover but am unable to locate them either in Media player or in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AmronP, Feb 16, 2019.

1. AmronP Win User

download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10

I have some photos and videos taken many years ago on old CD's that I would like to recover but am unable to locate them either in Media player or in file manager. I know the drive works because I have managed to play music from CD.

:)

AmronP, Feb 16, 2019
  2. TONY LOST Win User

DOWNLOAD PICTURES ON CD'S TO COMPUTER FOR WINDOWS 10

My friends, I am not referring to burning pictures to a CD. My problem is exactly how indicated in my first cry for help. Please let me summarize my situation. When I take pictures with my camera, I take the camera to Walmart to have the pictures developed
    as well as create a KODAK picture CD which, under the previous Windows 8.1, I could transfer/download into my computer under "My Pictures" file/folder - the total CD content (all the pictures on
    the CD) could be downloaded with simple steps even I, as a computer illiterate, could do without any problems. At this time I have 10 files, each full of pictures, in My Pictures" folder or whatever we want to call it. With the
    free installation of Windows 10, I have had had nothing but headaches - one problem after another! What I would need at this time is a step by step guide, like the one I was using for Windows
    8.1, to download my current CD, full of 104 pictures, to "My Pictures" file/folder.

Unfortunately, the suggestion to "select" specific photos from the CD to download is not working for me. I must be able to download the CD contents in one shot, as I was able to do under Windows 8.1. If I am confusing you, it's not your fault, but only
    mine. I am confident that someone will have an "elementary" way to help me as I cannot afford to retain the services of a computer wizard.

Thank you kindly,

Tony

TONY LOST, Feb 16, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10

ripping pictures from a cd in windows 10

Hi Dotty,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with ripping the pictures from CD to the computer, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you using Windows Media Player to copy the contents CD on to PC?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip the pictures on to PC?
    • Are you able to view these pictures from E: drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about ripping the content from CD to PC and check if it helps.

Refer: Burn and rip CDs

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10

1. download pictures off an old CD in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - download pictures off

2. How to get photos off a old CD-R?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get photos off a old CD-R?: My grandma had loan me a old CD-R she had that is suppose to have some family photos on it. I took it home so I can upload them to my computer. I am running a window 11 originally windows 10 if that matters. When I put it into my disk drive it show that there is 674 MB free...
  3. How to get photos off a old CD-R?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get photos off a old CD-R?: My grandma had loan me a old CD-R she had that is suppose to have some family photos on it. I took it home so I can upload them to my computer. I am running a window 11 originally windows 10 if that matters. When I put it into my disk drive it show that there is 674 MB free...
  4. old windows 10 cd key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    old windows 10 cd key: Hi i Would like to know if it is possible to find hold windows 10 key. I had bought a laptop and there was no sticker under it. I had install windows 10 pro and i wanna install my fammily system but i don't have the key before i do my re install? Thanks Mathieu...
  5. Download Age of mythology with an old CD product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Age of mythology with an old CD product key: Dear sir, madam Several years ago I bought Age of mythology on CD. Now I have a new laptop, without a dvd-player. As a consequence I can't install the game. Is there any way I can download the game online with my cd product key without paying again. I already made an...
  6. Can't read old CD in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't read old CD in Windows 10 Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on my desktop PC. I also have old CDs that were created on Windows XP and Windows 7. I cannot read them. Some have pictures and some have files. Windows 10 File Explorer asks how I want to use the CD (USB flash drive or CD/DVD player)....
  7. cannot download pictures off websites with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot download pictures off websites with windows 10: i am unable to download pictures off any websites, can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-pictures-off-websites-with-windows/1131aa4b-6543-454a-9078-dabc9cb80305
  8. import of pictures on a cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    import of pictures on a cd: I have a cd rom with a cd rom with pictures on it how do I bring it up to import? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-of-pictures-on-a-cd/17914635-8bd5-480d-aa2b-4e5211a6c403
  9. Downloading pictures in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading pictures in Windows 10: After a Windows 10 update I am unable to download pictures from my Cannon PowerShot ELPH510HS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-pictures-in-windows-10/6d910be4-15da-4a43-898f-6ad97d193d79
  10. How to Run an Old CD on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Run an Old CD on windows 10: Ok, so i have this disc for Civilization II, and i tried to play it on my windows 10 laptop, but the only thing that ran were the audio files. I'm not the best with computers, and don't know how to fix it, any suggestions?...