Windows 10: Download Problems after reinstalling Windows

Discus and support Download Problems after reinstalling Windows in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hardware/Software: FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 860 (Latest driver) Windows 10 Pro 1909 Problem: So the problem im facing is that when i try to downloads... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Zentax, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Zentax Win User

Download Problems after reinstalling Windows

Hardware/Software:

FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 860 (Latest driver)
    Windows 10 Pro 1909

Problem:

So the problem im facing is that when i try to downloads something it randomly stops downloading (the problem didn't occurred with Steam for some odd reason).

I never had this problem before but after i reseted my PC (which i usually do every 3 months) i started to experience this problem.

Solutions i tried:

All downloads fail regardless of browser!
    answers.microsoft.com
    Downloads fail windows 10
    I installed windows 10 about 4 days ago. See a lot of times when downloads fail and have to be restarted. This happens in firefox, and edge. This is not an internet issue, but possibly software issue.
    answers.microsoft.com
    https://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to...download_files

- Installing the newest Driver for my WiFi Stick

- Installing the newest Windows Updates

- Installing the newest drivers for my Hardware (CPU, GPU , etc.)

- I also reinstalled Windows 10 5 times (3 times Windows 10 1909, 2 times Windows 10 2004)

- Reseted my WiFi Router

- Tried 3 different Browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome)

- Deactivate Power Saving for my WiFi Stick

- Checked for USB connectivity issues

Images of Failed Downloads:

Chrome - Google Drive: Sign-in
    Firefox - Google Drive: Sign-in
    Edge - Google Drive: Sign-in
    (Edge and Chrome just get stuck instead of saying that the download failed)

At the end nothing worked i hope somebody can help me out i would really appreciate it.
    *Smile

NOTE: Uploading works fine and on my Phone everything works fine as well so its only a PC problem!

:)

Zentax, Jun 11, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Download Problems after reinstalling Windows :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 11, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Download Problems after reinstalling Windows - Similar Threads - Download Problems reinstalling

2. Driver problem after reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver problem after reinstalling windows 11.: My laptop had the chinese version of windows 11. I downloaded it again and the problem i was getting was of drivers.Many missing drivers,like bluetooth,wifi,etc. I went to a shop with my laptop and they charged me a lot for just a driver install. Approximately 20 to 25...
  3. Problems after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi, I am Sourav. Last 16th June one of my social networking account got hacked. Upon analysis I found I was a victim of Browser Hijacking via Cookies. The browser was Google Chrome. Hacker tried to hack my Amazon, Google,Spotify accounts too but somehow I managed to prevent....
  4. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  5. Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound problems after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have been having sound problems after reinstalling Windows 10 on my desktop. Its a kind of vibration or electric buzz that occurs with some regularity when I stream a video, when I play a dvd, or an audiobook cd. I use add-in speakers but they work fine with my phone so...
  6. Password problems after reinstalling Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problems after reinstalling Windows: I just performed a fresh install of Windows from a USB drive. I did this to try to fix some recurrent problems that may have had to do with a corrupted HDD. Looks like the install went OK. My home screen comes up and I'm prompted for my password, but the password is not...
  7. Many problems after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many problems after reinstallation: So i reinstalled Win10 few days ago cause of irrelevant things. I chose the option that keeps my personal files and stuff. Now something obviously went wrong and my programmes lost their icon, in controll panel my programmes won't show up on the list, even if their data is on...
  8. Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with Windows Updates after reinstall: Hi, after a clean reinstall of Windows 10 pro (reformat drive and reinstall), I now get an this error: [ATTACH] Clicking on "Check for updates" gives me nothing. I have tried DISM and SFC as mentioned here but both said that there were no issues. I have also downloaded...
  9. Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad problems after reinstalling windows 10: Hi guys, i have just reinstalled windows 10 on my SSD and i have some problems with the touchpad. While using both touchpad and mouse, pointer keeps freezing and keeps making "beep" sounds...I reinstalled drivers over and over, and still nothing...Does any1 have an ideea of...
  10. Internet Problems after Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Problems after Reinstall: Hi guys, I have a dual boot setup with Windows 10 and Windows 7. Recently, I was having trouble with Windows 10 and I went ahead and reinstalled it. Now I have a problem with my internet connection every time I boot Windows 10 after using Windows 7. I've googled around...