Windows 10: Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

Discus and support Download/Rip music to my MP3 player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do you rip/download music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 device. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I found the 'rip' setting or whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanoMn, Sep 7, 2018.

1. DanoMn Win User

Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

How do you rip/download music from Windows Media Player to my MP3 device. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I found the 'rip' setting or whatever you'd like to call it, and dragged an album over, but nothing happens. Just a reminder, you're dealing with a fossil. Any advice???

:)

DanoMn, Sep 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: You might be able to complete the rip by turning on error correction.

> In Windows Media Player ->Click on Tools -> Options -> Devices, click the CD burner, choose> Advanced, and set the error correction to On.

Method 2: There are two ways to change rip settings while in the Player Library. You can insert a CD into your CD drive and click Rip settings, or you can click the Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box.

The Rip Music tab in the Options dialog box offers additional options that aren't available on the Rip settings menu.

To rip music from a CD, do the following:

• For best results, make sure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.

When your computer is connected to the Internet, the Player attempts to retrieve media information about the tracks being ripped from an online database. The Player then adds the information to the files during ripping.

Note: you can rip a CD when your computer isn't connected to the Internet. However, the Player won't be able to identify the name of the CD, the artist who created it, or the names of the songs until you go online.
    • Insert an audio CD into the CD drive.
    • (Optional) If you want to select a different format (for example, MP3 instead of WMA) or bit rate (for example, 192 Kbps instead of 128 Kbps) for the files created during ripping, in the Player Library, click the Rip settings menu, and then click Format
      or Audio Quality.
    • (Optional) If you don't want to rip every song, in the Player Library, clear the check boxes next to the songs you don't want to rip.
    • Click the Rip CD button in Now Playing mode or Rip CD in the Player Library to begin ripping.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Media Player Not Ripping Music CDs to MP3

I had same issue, but after manage the location of the music file i can rip the cd now..

• Open Windows Media Player
    • Press Alt to open the File context menu
    • Go to File, Manage Libraries, and then to Music
    • Delete all music libraries except the default one, where your music will be placed
    • Then try rip again..
    I hope that helped.. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player :)

Donny Beiskom, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Download/Rip music to my MP3 player

1. Download/Rip music to my MP3 player - Similar Threads - Download Rip music

2. Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to rip music to mp3 but WMA works fine!: Hello, Windows 10 media player is refusing to rip a CD to MP3. I've tried all the stock suggestions on multiple similar posts: Error correction is turned on for the CD/DVD drive in Media Player. There's a valid folder for it to rip to have tried 2 separate drives,...
  3. RIP music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RIP music: I have Windows 10 and Windows Media Player, version 12.0 I can no longer find how to RIP CD's to my music library. I have read all of the suggestions from Microsoft support; all settings are current but two things happen when inserting a CD to be RIPPED - (1) It does not...
  4. "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "????" on CD rips when file is MP3 [Windows Media Player]: Whenever I rip a CD and use any file other than MP3 it rips file, but then I move to MP3 and suddenly Windows titles songs that are not English to "????" etc. Example: Original: Ripped to MP3 to local drive: Frequent answer: "Have you tried installing the language pack...
  5. Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows...: Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows them transfer but when I try to listen to the musuc it say empty disk...
  6. can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player

can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player: can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-rip-an-mp3-disc-in-windows-media-player-then/fefa007f-f583-4bd9-aa3d-db1557810cd3
  7. sync music to me mp3 player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sync music to me mp3 player: I cannot get my cd music to sync to my mp3 player any help it keeps saying to add my device I have added it but cannot download anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-music-to-me-mp3-player/4963a69c-4e99-450b-b5ee-870275944912
  8. rip music

rip music: when ripping cd to media player album title details do not show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rip-music/8353ed90-387f-497c-a57b-37af1d4a0615
  9. Ripping my music

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ripping my music: Ripping my music from a CD the info displayed is some other artist What is causing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ripping-my-music/8df7274e-8d04-42ed-8f48-ebba215fb3f6
  10. moving music from my pc to my mp3 player

moving music from my pc to my mp3 player: I have windows 10 and my pc cant find the mp3 player. I have no option to move my music. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/moving-music-from-my-pc-to-my-mp3-player/5c5bdaa7-236b-4371-8b73-1601d7b3c9c7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mp3 player