Windows 10: Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate

Discus and support Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know it might be the wrong place to ask such a question but I hope to get some answers Three days now I tired to download Forza Horizon 4 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andreascharalambous1, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate

I know it might be the wrong place to ask such a question but I hope to get some answers

Three days now I tired to download Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft store and to be honest this is my first time downloading a game from Microsoft store on my pc

So the size of the game it says it's up to 62-65Gb but the game it's currently up to 108Gb download but the files are up to 64gbs . it's like and endless download (weird ha?)

Also once the blue download bar fills up or when ever I restart my pc . I get a notification saying that the game couldn't download and the program will try later.

Last thing I want to mention is that this is my third time trying to download the game because when ever i get that notification the download restarts and all the files that got downloaded they get deleted automatically !

Is there any solution to that ?

I contacted any Forza horizon forum to get an answer but it seems that I didn't got the help I needed yet !

:)

andreascharalambous1, Oct 4, 2018

2. Store download size keeps on increasing

Since this is the case and the issue about the file size increasing is still happening. let us provide additional steps we can attempt to resolve your concern.
    You may try to run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the Cortana Search Box type in Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the list.
    • On the top left corner, select on View All.
    • Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    This Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 10 will scan your computer, identify the problems and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Microsoft Store Download size keeps increasing

Hi Simon,

Since resetting the Store and running the troubleshooter didn't help, I suggest clearing and resetting the Windows Store cache. WSReset is a built-in program present in Windows 10 which
    can be used to clear and reset Windows Store cache. This utility will clear Windows Store and app cache files. Since it deletes all cache files of Windows Store, there are chances that it'll fix your Windows Store related problems. You may follow these steps:

1. Type cmd in the search box, then select Command Prompt.
    2. Type: WSReset.exe
    3. Allow the process to complete, then restart your computer.

If the issue persists, you might have to reinstall Store. Since it's a built-in app, you will have to resort to using Windows PowerShell instead
    of the normal way of reinstalling an app. Windows PowerShell is a Windows command-line shell designed especially for system administrators.

To uninstall the app, make sure that it’s not running in the background. Then, click the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell, right-click on the best match and select Run as administrator. In the elevated PowerShell
    prompt, follow these steps:

1. Type the following command to list all default apps, and then hit Enter: Get-AppxPackage -allusers | Select Name, PackageFullName
    2. In the list of default apps, locate the Store, and then take note of its PackageFullName.
    3. To reinstall the Store, type the following command but replace the PackageFullName to the Store's PackageFullName that you took note of in step 2, and then hit Enter:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode
    4. After the command has completed, restart your PC.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate

Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate

1. Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate - Similar Threads - Download sizes Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Downloads: When I try to download the Minecraft Launcher or any other app/game off of the Microsoft store it wont work for some reason. It doesn't show an error code or anything it just simply doesn't download. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Is there a software that can give me accurate size of all the softwares I have downloaded...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a software that can give me accurate size of all the softwares I have downloaded...: Windows storage setting says that I have 88gb of software on my laptop and I"m not sure which softwares are using it. So I'm wondering if there is an accurate software that can tell me which software is taking up how much space. The storage setting tells me that each software...
  4. Microsoft Store Download?

Microsoft Store Download?: [ATTACH] I want to install the Nvidia Control Panel from the Microsoft store but the download does not start and the "Start" button does not work. Can someone help me? Microsoft Store Download?
  5. downloading in microsoft store

downloading in microsoft store: i was downloading something and it crashed and now even when i restart my computer its still says its downloading but its not and it doesn't allow me to install anything on the Microsoft store. I also cant deleted it because it hasn't appeared in my apps yet...
  6. Store price not accurate at checkout

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store price not accurate at checkout: Hello, I was shopping the Microsoft store on my xbox out of boredom. .. saw they had the new Galaxy Note S10/+ on the store at a deal for $200 off...and it also said it comes with a free wireless charging stand...I get it configured and go to checkout and it switched from...
  7. Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size

Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size: Tried download sea of thieves after getting my game pass and its download has gone up to 80 gb when its only 34 gb, tried almost everything, talked to 2 support agents logged in and out of my account and reset the store and even uninstalled the store and reinstalled and its...
  8. Win10 Microsoft Store Digital game download size increases..

Win10 Microsoft Store Digital game download size increases..: I recently purchased Resident Evil 7 Biohazard and tried installing. File size is 21gb but since it reached that amount, it just keeps increasing...(photo attatched) I have checked for updates, and everything is good there.. I have ran the troubleshooter.. Nothing shows...
  9. Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download sizes in Microsoft store are not accurate: I know it might be the wrong place to ask such a question but I hope to get some answers Three days now I tired to download Forza Horizon 4 from Microsoft store and to be honest this is my first time downloading a game from Microsoft store on my pc So the size of the...
  10. Temp folder is win 10 is not showing the accurate size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temp folder is win 10 is not showing the accurate size: Dear expert, I am wondering why the size of the temp folder is not showing the accurate size as you see below. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...