Windows 10: Download speed capped?

Discus and support Download speed capped? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've used tron script yesterday and my download speed seems to be somehow capped, but in unusual way. So the speedtest shows my actual download and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itsKocyk, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Download speed capped?

I've used tron script yesterday and my download speed seems to be somehow capped, but in unusual way. So the speedtest shows my actual download and upload speed (70/70) but either steam and rockstar launcher,(or in fact any other app)are capped at 7mbps. Sometimes it doubles and I get 14mbps but it quickly jumps to 7. Even on task manager you can see that the speed is capped. I've tried tron's net repair tool but it didn't work.

Is there any way to fix it?

submitted by /u/itsKocyk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itsKocyk, Dec 24, 2020

2. Download speeds capped only in certain programs

I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store.

When I'm using a torrent program, Steam/etc, or downloading within my internet browsers (all with no bandwidth restrictions in the options), the rate seems to be capped around 2MB/sec.

Am I missing an option that's capping download speeds except with using Microsoft programs/etc?

adamthemute, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Download speed capped?

Windows 10 capping download speeds across all network adapters

Hi Franco,

Thanks for the response, but none of your suggestions seem to have worked. I don't have any sort of network optimization software installed on my machine. I tried both the network reset and clean boot to no avail. Speedtest.net still consistently reports
    download speeds in the 130-140 Mbps range, and file downloads are still capped around that mark as well.

AdamGames89, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Download speed capped?

1. Download speed capped? - Similar Threads - Download speed capped

2. Internet speed capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed capped: Hello,When i test my internet speed the avarage i get is around 100 Mbit/s. But when i try to download a game on various launchers like Epic, EA or Steam, the download speed is always about 12-15 Mbit/s. I checked if for some reason the limiter for the download speed was...
  3. "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer: Hello, guys!So I work with my computer and I need high download and upload speeds.I moved from my previous house to this new apartment with my fiancee and there is no way to put my gaming/working computer on our bedroom where the internet cable is at. I can pass the ethernet...
  4. "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer: Hello, guys!So I work with my computer and I need high download and upload speeds.I moved from my previous house to this new apartment with my fiancee and there is no way to put my gaming/working computer on our bedroom where the internet cable is at. I can pass the ethernet...
  5. "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Download speed got capped somehow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speed got capped somehow.: That's what I get when I test the speed, but whenever I download anything from anywhere the speed is stuck at 1.4MB. My computer isn't new. This was never an issue. It happened suddenly.Plus the weirdest thing is speed tests actually tells me that my internet is fine!Please...
  7. Download speed got capped somehow.

Download speed got capped somehow.: That's what I get when I test the speed, but whenever I download anything from anywhere the speed is stuck at 1.4MB. My computer isn't new. This was never an issue. It happened suddenly.Plus the weirdest thing is speed tests actually tells me that my internet is fine!Please...
  8. Download speed got capped somehow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 capping wifi download speeds?: is it possible windows 10 is capping my downloads speed? im only getting 90Mbps when i should be getting 300Mbps its not an issue with my PC as ive now tried 3 different network cards and its still the same issue submitted by /u/gezzamondo [link] [comments]...
  10. Download speeds capped only in certain programs

Download speeds capped only in certain programs: I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store. When I'm using a torrent program, Steam/etc, or downloading within my internet browsers (all with no bandwidth restrictions in the options),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. capped download speed windows 10