Windows 10: Download speed different for other windows accounts

Discus and support Download speed different for other windows accounts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having issues with download and upload speeds on the second windows account added to out new pc. The first account added downloads quite quick while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by N Villa, Sep 20, 2019.

1. N Villa Win User

Download speed different for other windows accounts

Having issues with download and upload speeds on the second windows account added to out new pc. The first account added downloads quite quick while doing anything on the internet with other accounts is much slower. Is there any reason why this might be or a setting that might be limiting the bandwidth for one account

:)

N Villa, Sep 20, 2019

2. Different download speeds in Users

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Do you get same download speed every time your wife login?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Is it Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suspect this might have caused due to some corruption in the Account.

Hence, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Download speed different for other windows accounts

ReubenFaleiro, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Download speed different for other windows accounts

1. Download speed different for other windows accounts - Similar Threads - Download speed different

2. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  3. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  4. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  6. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED: Hello, All!I have a problem with my PC.I have a 50 MBPS Plan as my WiFi.I do have an ethernet connection to the PC direct from the Router.The problem is - when I check the speed of WiFi with https://www.speedtest.net/, it shows around 50 MBPS photo belowBut, when I started...
  7. HIGH DIFFERENCE IN DOWNLOAD SPEED

8. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  9. Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Allowing other users to download things on different accounts: I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another account user and I don't know their password so I can't download things that I need. Is there any way I can remove this and...
  10. Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?

Discrepancy in download speeds to different drives?: Windows 10 I recently bought a used 2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX-00SRLA0, the original owner pulled it from a pre-built and had not used it at all, only having powered it on to ensure it worked (I received it with 22 Power On hours only). I have been using this as my main storage...