Windows 10: Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files

Discus and support Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I recently switched from Wifi to LAN and it turns out that when Downloading games or files it got slower a lot. Meaning that my Download Speed is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Anonymous., Jun 12, 2021.

1. Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files

Hello,I recently switched from Wifi to LAN and it turns out that when Downloading games or files it got slower a lot. Meaning that my Download Speed is not getting used fully. Is it normal or are there any fixes?

:)

The Anonymous., Jun 12, 2021
  2. mensa84 Win User

Windows 10 internet upload speed only reaches 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit?

Hello,

for about one week I have a very mysterious problem on my Windows 10 PC.

The PC is connected by Gigabit LAN to a Switch and reaches full Gigabit speeds for up- and download inside my LAN (for example when copying to or from my NAS).
    The upload speed at speedtest.net in the new Edge Browser (Version 86.0.622.63) reached around 1 week ago everytime the full 40 Mbit, but now only 4 Mbit.

I did not change anything and still reach full 1 Gbit speed inside my LAN.
    The internet connection has constant 40 Mbit upload and varies only minimally. All other clients (MacBook Air, iPhones, Apple TV) are still reaching the full 40 Mbit, no matter if they are connected by LAN or WIFI.

I think that the problem came because of a Windows 10 update or driver problem and will affect more users.

The strange thing are the constant different speeds on the same PC in different browsers / apps:
    - Edge: 4 Mbit Upload
    - Firefox: 20 Mbit Upload
    - Speedtes.net App / CLI for Windows: 20 Mbit

The results are the same if I connect the PC directly to the router or to the switch.

If I boot the PC under Linux, I get the full 40 Mbit in every browser, even the new Edge for Linux.

I tried all that things already and nothing helped:
    - New Beta- and Dev-Versions of Edge
    - Resetted Windows network and firewall settings
    - Replaced network cable and used another port on the switch
    - Resetted the router to factory defaults
    - Installed completely fresh Windows 10 and formatted the SSD completely. I tried version 1909 and 20H2.
    - New network cards: TP-Link TG-3368, Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter, USB 3.0 to Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter. The first one was an Intel I219-V OnBoard on the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mainboard.

Everywhere the same problem. Upload stucks at 4 Mbit in Edge. Even after re-installing a fresh Windows.
    I also installed Windows 10 with Bootcamp on the MacBook Air and have the same problems at an also completely fresh installation.

I don't understand it anymore.
    I think that Microsoft produced a bad bug here anywhere, cause the same Hardware is working under Linux with full 40 Mbit upload and also all other non-Windows-clients do reach the full 40 Mbit everytime.

I thought that maybe some Windows settings were screwed up, but the same problem appeared on completely fresh Windows installations.

Do you have any idea how to solve that, or do you see similar problems?

mensa84, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Quant19 Win User
    Wifi connection speed decreased from 120 Mbit/s to 40 Mbit/s after Win 10 Security Update KB4493509

I'm using Win 10 Pro and my Internet connection speed (cable) is 120 Mbit/s. I'm using Realtek 8811CU Wireless USB Wifi Adapter. My Wifi connection speed was about 120 Mbit/s. But after Win 10 Security Update KB4493509, wifi connection speed decreased to
    40 Mbit/s, even the Wifi Adapter driver updated by Win Update as well. When I uninstall the update, connection speed becomes 120 Mbit/s again. What's the problem?

Quant19, Jun 12, 2021
  4. mensa Win User

Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files

Win 10 internet upload speed only 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit!?

Hello,

for about one week I have a very mysterious problem on my Windows 10 PC.

The PC is connected by Gigabit LAN to a Switch and reaches full Gigabit speeds for up- and download inside my LAN (for example when copying to or from my NAS).
    The upload speed at speedtest.net in the new Edge Browser (Version 86.0.622.63) reached around 1 week ago everytime the full 40 Mbit, but now only 4 Mbit.

I did not change anything and still reach full 1 Gbit speed inside my LAN.
    The internet connection has constant 40 Mbit upload and varies only minimally. All other clients (MacBook Air, iPhones, Apple TV) are still reaching the full 40 Mbit, no matter if they are connected by LAN or WIFI.

I think that the problem came because of a Windows 10 update or driver problem and will affect more users.

The strange thing are the constant different speeds on the same PC in different browsers / apps:
    - Edge: 4 Mbit Upload
    - Firefox: 20 Mbit Upload
    - Speedtes.net App / CLI for Windows: 20 Mbit

The results are the same if I connect the PC directly to the router or to the switch.

If I boot the PC under Linux, I get the full 40 Mbit in every browser, even the new Edge for Linux.

I tried all that things already and nothing helped:
    - New Beta- and Dev-Versions of Edge
    - Resetted Windows network and firewall settings
    - Replaced network cable and used another port on the switch
    - Resetted the router to factory defaults
    - Installed completely fresh Windows 10 and formatted the SSD completely. I tried version 1909 and 20H2.
    - New network cards: TP-Link TG-3368, Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter, USB 3.0 to Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter. The first one was an Intel I219-V OnBoard on the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mainboard.

Everywhere the same problem. Upload stucks at 4 Mbit in Edge. Even after re-installing a fresh Windows.
    I also installed Windows 10 with Bootcamp on the MacBook Air and have the same problems at an also completely fresh installation.

I don't understand it anymore.
    I think that Microsoft produced a bad bug here anywhere, cause the same Hardware is working under Linux with full 40 Mbit upload and also all other non-Windows-clients do reach the full 40 Mbit everytime.

I thought that maybe some Windows settings were screwed up, but the same problem appeared on completely fresh Windows installations.

Do you have any idea how to solve that, or do you see similar problems?

mensa, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files

1. Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files - Similar Threads - Download Speed Mbit

2. Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet: Need help! When ever I download something the download speed is pretty slow I have a ethernet cable and 2 routers, yes the ethernet is the one I am using for internet . I have a i9-10900k and my internet speed is ....
  3. Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet: Need help! When ever I download something the download speed is pretty slow I have a ethernet cable and 2 routers, yes the ethernet is the one I am using for internet . I have a i9-10900k and my internet speed is ....
  4. Download speed drop to 0B/s with every browser

Download speed drop to 0B/s with every browser: I can' t download nothing from browsers, everytime the download starts and after a few second the speed drops to 0 B/s and it says "Download Failed- Network Error". i'm on Ethernet and i've already updated the drivers. I did a repair install of windows 10 with an In-Place...
  5. Win 10 internet upload speed only 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit!?

Win 10 internet upload speed only 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit!?: Hello, for about one week I have a very mysterious problem on my Windows 10 PC. The PC is connected by Gigabit LAN to a Switch and reaches full Gigabit speeds for up- and download inside my LAN (for example when copying to or from my NAS). The upload speed at speedtest.net...
  6. Windows 10 internet upload speed only reaches 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 internet upload speed only reaches 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit?: Hello, for about one week I have a very mysterious problem on my Windows 10 PC. The PC is connected by Gigabit LAN to a Switch and reaches full Gigabit speeds for up- and download inside my LAN (for example when copying to or from my NAS). The upload speed at speedtest.net...
  7. Windows 10 internet upload speed only reaches 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit?

Windows 10 internet upload speed only reaches 4 Mbit instead of 40 Mbit?: Hello, for about one week I have a very mysterious problem on my Windows 10 PC. The PC is connected by Gigabit LAN to a Switch and reaches full Gigabit speeds for up- and download inside my LAN for example when copying to or from my NAS. The upload speed at speedtest.net in...
  8. Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download games. Download speed drops to 0 B/s: I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up....
  9. I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't download anything. download speed 0 B/s: I've been having this problem for about 3 weeks. It happens on Steam, Origin, Riot Games Launcher, and the Epic Games Launcher. So basically anytime I'm downloading games. I will get about 1 - 2 GB into the download and then my download speed goes to 0 B/s and never goes up....
  10. Wifi connection speed decreased from 120 Mbit/s to 40 Mbit/s after Security Update 4494441.

Wifi connection speed decreased from 120 Mbit/s to 40 Mbit/s after Security Update 4494441.: I'm using Win 10 Pro and my Internet connection speed (cable) is 120 Mbit/s. I'm using Realtek 8811CU Wireless USB Wifi Adapter. My Wifi connection speed was about 120 Mbit/s. But after Security Update KB 4494441, wifi connection speed decreased to 40 Mbit/s. When I uninstall...