Windows 10: Download speed limited to 10Mbps

Discus and support Download speed limited to 10Mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] Download speed limited to 10Mbps on steam. I think this problem also occure on other programs like Uplay etc.. but the main problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AvalonHUS, Nov 8, 2020.

1. AvalonHUS Win User

Download speed limited to 10Mbps

Download speed limited to 10Mbps 0dd31ab3-37c3-4cfc-988f-994ae996c655?upload=true.png Download speed limited to 10Mbps 95800cd7-76e9-4e17-9cda-7d3d6984364d?upload=true.png

Download speed limited to 10Mbps on steam.

I think this problem also occure on other programs like Uplay etc.. but the main problem is that now my steam download is pretty "slow".

Maybe there is a setting limiting my download speed , i have no idea.

Also download speed is not limited on steam itself

:)

AvalonHUS, Nov 8, 2020

2. Ethernet is Limiting download to 10Mbps

You may have to force both the router or switch port and the computer's Ethernet adapter to 100Mbps full duplex. But in my experience, some switch / Ethernet connections prefer and will run faster, with less errors, if both are set to Auto, rather than forced.
    It is years ago since I looked at this though, as I always just let them use defaults at home.

I would suspect the cable also, as was already suggested. Even wireless is much faster than 10Mbps these days. My Realtek PCIe Family Controller is connected to Ethernet at 1Gbps.

Do you have some old switch between that might only be capable of 10Mbps?

It is also possible that connectivity has been limited per device by some router setting.

Don Cuthbert, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Ethernet is Limiting download to 10Mbps

I have changed the default setting to 100Mbps in the under Speed & Duplex, Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Properties to allow 100 Mbps Full Duplex but it does not override and when I close out, it still shows 10Mbps. I spoke to Cox and they ran diagnostics
    which show I am receiving 150 Mbps to my router. They said it is an issue with my Dell Desktop computer Ethernet Setting is not allowing more bandwidth. Can anyone help me?

* Moved from Insider

SusanHolley, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Download speed limited to 10Mbps

wifi speed is less then 10mbps on laptop,

why is my wifi speed is less then 10mbps on laptop, 225mbps on cell phone positioned next to it?

RWILLJOYCE, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Download speed limited to 10Mbps

1. Download speed limited to 10Mbps - Similar Threads - Download speed limited

2. Wifi DL speed limited to 10MBPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi DL speed limited to 10MBPS: I just recieved my new gaming PC and for some reason my DL speed is capped at 10MBPS. I am running it on wifi as I am unable to run an ethernet cable. My system Specs are:Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usable SSID: Protocol:...
  3. Wifi DL speed limited to 10MBPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi DL speed limited to 10MBPS: I just recieved my new gaming PC and for some reason my DL speed is capped at 10MBPS. I am running it on wifi as I am unable to run an ethernet cable. My system Specs are:Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700KF 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 32.0 GB 31.8 GB usable SSID: Protocol:...
  4. Most downloads limited to ~10mbps.

Most downloads limited to ~10mbps.: Certain actions, primarily involving downloads, seem to be limited to about ~10mbps 1mB/s. My internet speed is 1gig up/down, and I achieve about 700mbps up and Any website download is limited, and some downloads through game launchers such as updates.Download boosters and...
  5. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  6. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi, I have an issue with limited speed of Ethernet connection.My setup:1. Modem in the basement2. Router on the first floor3. PC with MSI PRO Z-690-A motherboard 3. LAN Cable category: CAT 5EMy speed checked via speedtest should be ~ 1Gbps / 500 Mbps, but when I connect my PC...
  7. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  9. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps: Hi everyone,I need to figure out why my speed is limited to 10mbps when using ethernet. I have Spectrum internet with a router. I don't have the top speed available, but it should be going faster than this. When I run a speed test while using ethernet, it seems to be capped...
  10. Ethernet speed limited to 10mbps