Windows 10: Download speed slower than upload speed

Discus and support Download speed slower than upload speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joshua Koz, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Download speed slower than upload speed

My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan.

This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi.

I have changed the Windows update settings that limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates.

I have changed the NetworkThrottlingIndex registry setting to ffffff.

Is there some other Windows setting I can find and change, to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Joshua Koz, Apr 24, 2020

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed slower than upload speed f89b0bdf-b7ed-40a3-8e4e-bc37a2f2beb0?upload=true.jpg

I have tried few things nothing worked out

1.Windows update

2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

3. Restart Modem

Einstien Jackson, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Amy1CW Win User

Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Odd that no one seems to have noticed that you are experiencing the exact opposite of what you should be.

In other words, upload speed is ALWAYS slower than download.

For example, I have a fairly slow Internet Connection compared to yours yet my Download Speed is blindingly fast compared to the upload speed:

Download speed slower than upload speed d3abc727-2b95-49c0-8e7c-2b96403bc29e?upload=true.png

CenturyLink's free on-line speed test is reasonably accurate and a good way to judge your server's performance. Whether you use their service or another. Or so I have found over the years, anyway. You can find it HERE

So I STILL say you should call your ISP and ask them why.

Incidentally I am using Windows 10 also.

Download speed slower than upload speed 2c4d0efd-14dc-4e7e-83b5-1583a70ccca1?upload=true.png

Amy1CW, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Download speed slower than upload speed

1. Download speed slower than upload speed - Similar Threads - Download speed slower

2. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  3. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  4. Download speed afther fixen upload is now slower a lot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed afther fixen upload is now slower a lot.: Afther doing the wollowing :Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard an Independent Advisor and a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.This problem actually occurs when there is a problem on your power options, kindly follow the steps below and...
  5. Download speed is much slower than upload. Using Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speed is much slower than upload. Using Windows 10 Pro: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 ProI have tried these things:1. Restart Modem2. Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-much-slower-than-upload-using/ea40e923-518b-48a4-bfa0-d9ae61c57b10
  6. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.: Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH] I bought a new wifi card...
  7. Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home

Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 Home [ATTACH] I have tried few things nothing worked out 1.Windows update 2. netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled 3. Restart Modem...
  8. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  9. Upload speed is greater than Download speed

Upload speed is greater than Download speed: Hey guys, If upload speed is greater than Download speed is it okay or I should contact network provider to fix parameters ? [ATTACH] Regards. 120739
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...