Windows 10: Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads

Discus and support Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, Our home wifi has speeds of up to 700Mbps, when I run a speed test on my devices, i get around 643Mbps. Now, when I actually download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maliacook, Aug 5, 2021.

1. maliacook Win User

Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads

Hi there, Our home wifi has speeds of up to 700Mbps, when I run a speed test on my devices, i get around 643Mbps. Now, when I actually download something, lets say for instance I am downloading Apex Legends... I am only getting download speeds of 10Mbps... Please help. I know it is not the Wifi.

:)

maliacook, Aug 5, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 5, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W1zzard, Aug 5, 2021
  4. Daniel Win User

Browsing speed is fast, but download speed is 0

I'm currently using Windows 10 and netcomm nb604n router.

Problem:
    Web browsing on chrome/edge/firefox works fast, but my download speed from majority of websites start around 10kb/s and eventually (in a few minutes) decrease to 0kb/s.

Here are some example files that does this:
    https://atlas.hashicorp.com/laravel/boxes/homestead/versions/1.0.1/providers/virtualbox.box
    Git for Windows (there is a download button)

When I am downloading from utorrent, or when I installed the Unity engine through Unity's installer, my download speed was fine.

Things that I have tried:

1. Running the test on speedtest.net. It says that my download speed is 18MB/s and upload speed is 1Mb/s. Of course this doesn't demonstrate the actual speed that I'll get when downloading/uploading from a server, but my ISP is using this to say that there is no problem on their side.
    2. Taking my router, filter, and all cables to another house and downloading the same files that I couldn't download. This worked perfectly fine, so I'm guessing that my equipment is not the issue.
    3. Using both wireless and LAN on a brand new computer and an old laptop. The problem exists in all cases.
    4. Resetting and restarting the router. Did not do anything.
    5. Changing the mtu settings as suggested on Windows 7, download speeds drop to 0 kb/s and the download has to be restarted
      Unfortunately this didn't solve my issue.
    6. Calling my ISP to make sure that they weren't throttling my network. They are denying any fault on their end, and are claiming that there is something wrong with my computer or my router but refusing to provide a solution.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what I could try to resolve this issue, please let me know!

Daniel, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Download Speed Test vs Actual Downloads - Similar Threads - Download Speed Test

2. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  3. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  4. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  5. My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow

My download speed is testing fast, but in practice it is slow: Alright, I'm at my wit's end here. I just built a new PC that I am using for gaming, and I am hard-lined to my router. When testing my internet speed with Ookla I get around 800 to 900 mbps upload and download speed I have fiber optic. When downloading games or files or...
  6. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  7. My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.

My download speeds are different on speed test then when I download something.: On every speed test it says my download speeds are from 50-60 Mps. But when I download something the highest it goes is 6 Mps. I know it is not because of my WIFI but more because of my PC because on my XBOX it is around 50 to 60. But it is also not Malware or Viruses because...
  8. Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Actual download speed in Microsoft Store much lower than measured download speed: Why is the download speed in Microsoft Store so much lower than the download speed I'm measuring on speedtest.net? Evidence in this screenshot below: [ATTACH] I'm not using the internet on any other program, so it's not because of that. Microsoft Store just seems to be...
  9. Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Decent download speeds on Speed tests, Low actual download speed.: Hello! I have been searching for answers to this for a long time. After recently upgrading my USB Wifi adapter (which I had assumed was the issue) the issue persisted. I am not tech-savvy, and I do not know what to do anymore. When I do a test through my internet service...
  10. Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Download Speed vs Xbox One Download Speed: Alright so I have been having some confusion with internet download speeds. I have an Xbox One S which before I purchased a pc it was wired to the internet at all times and the download speed was great. Our internet provider gives us 100 download and around 10-12 upload which...