Windows 10: Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Discus and support Download Speed Under 1 MBPS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LukeMorsa, Dec 3, 2019.

1. LukeMorsa Win User

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS

Hello, I am currently having an issue with my PCs download speed. I have tried wi fi and ethernet, but all of the following things I have tried have been while connected via ethernet to my router.

My xfinity plan is for 200mbps download speed.

My Iphone 7 gets 189mbps on speedtest

My PC is getting 4-8mbps on speedtest.

When I am downloading on steam my download speed is ranging from 200 kb - 1.1 mb per second.

I tried doing the following: windows key + R cmd ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew

and my download speed peaked at 21 mbps and then gradually went back down to 1.1 mbps over the next 20 seconds or so.

I updated the drivers for my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and this also made my download speed on steam peak at 21 mbps and then gradually go back down to 1.1 mbps.

I checked for windows 10 updates in general and there none available.

Below are my specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor, 3000 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB Total Virtual Memory 20.6 GB Product Type Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Name [00000001] Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter Name [00000002] Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580 OK

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide. I don't understand why my download speed is maxing out at 1 MBps.

:)

LukeMorsa, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Portugal Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Hello.
    After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up.

Without External Virtual Switch:

Download Speed Under 1 MBPS [​IMG]

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 911Mbps, download 777Mbps):

• Lan Speed test (746 Mbps upload and 716 Mbps download):

With External Virtual Switch:

• CPU usage while on Speedtest (notice the first core is fully maxed out):

• Lan Speed Test (742 Mbps upload and 596Mbps download):

• Iperf with a host on the same LAN (upload 861 Mbps, download 583 Mbps):

• CPU usage while on Iperf (download) - Notice, once again, Core 1 fully maxed out​:

Conclusion

When the External Virtual Switch is enabled, I assume the download speed is lower due to the fact one CPU core is being maxed out, my question is why? Why isn't the load spread throughout the cores?
    Is anyone experiencing a similar issue?

Regards.

Portugal, Dec 3, 2019
  3. SDCUK Win User
    Internet Speed issues in uk, my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10 Mbps.

Original Title -
    UK Internet Speed Question

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but was wondering about Internet speeds in the UK . Basically my friends get an average download speed of 90+ Mbps, whereas I get at most 10
    Mbps. We only live a few miles apart, why is this? My friends are with Virgin and I am with Sky. Cheers!

SDCUK, Dec 3, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Have you set the number of cores to 8 in hyer-v settings (virtual processor). No idea otherwise.

cereberus, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Download Speed Under 1 MBPS - Similar Threads - Download Speed Under

2. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  3. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  4. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Download speeds fluctuate between 25 mbps and less than 1.. adapter not working properly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds fluctuate between 25 mbps and less than 1.. adapter not working properly....: My laptop was purchased in 2017 W10 downgrade rights with W7 and I have had wifi issues from the start. My adapter is as updated as it can be.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it.. All network troubleshooting says no issue found.. I've chosen every setting I can to speed up...
  6. Download speeds fluctuate between 25 mbps and less than 1.. adapter not working properly....

Download speeds fluctuate between 25 mbps and less than 1.. adapter not working properly....: My laptop was purchased in 2017 W10 downgrade rights with W7 and I have had wifi issues from the start. My adapter is as updated as it can be.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it.. All network troubleshooting says no issue found.. I've chosen every setting I can to speed up...
  7. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  8. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good: So my PC is connected to my router via ethernet cable but my upload speeds are drastically low while my download speeds are normal. I know there's not a hardware issue since I brought the PC to another house and the upload speed was good there. Also I had gotten my router...
  9. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet but all other devices on network good

10. Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...

Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited under 1 Mbps within the last week (today is...: Within the last week I was noticing an upload issue after a windows update. I was being limited to under 1mbps, specifically around .7-.85. I first notified my internet provider, consolidated network, about the issue. I started with swapping out the router and the cable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will 3 Mbps download windows updates