Windows 10: Download Speed

Discus and support Download Speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had my computer for 3 years and the download speed was fine for the first 2 years but this past year it has been terrible. With downloads taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fallen2303, May 8, 2021.

1. Download Speed

I have had my computer for 3 years and the download speed was fine for the first 2 years but this past year it has been terrible. With downloads taking upwards of 2-3 hours to download a 5 GB update. I have tried everything that I can to get it to download faster, but nothing works.

:)

Fallen2303, May 8, 2021

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 8, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 8, 2021
  4. Download Speed

ReubenFaleiro, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Download Speed

1. Download Speed - Similar Threads - Download Speed

2. extremely slow download speed, with frequent errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extremely slow download speed, with frequent errors: so in the last 3 days downloading things from microsoft edge and chrome have both been extremely slow, as in less than 100 kilobytes per second it's usually 3+ megabytes per second, but in the last few days it's gotten a lot slower, i haven't moved my computer or done...
  3. Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads

Browser download speeds slow compared to other downloads: Been trying to download a file, but only getting download speeds of around 50 KB/s. On the same network ive had downloads speeds of around 80 Mb/s. I've tried ethernet and wifi but the speed is the same, also tried downloading different things but they all still get a similar...
  4. Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files

Download Speed is at 50 Mbit/s but only 5 Mbit/s is getting used for Downloading Games/Files: Hello,I recently switched from Wifi to LAN and it turns out that when Downloading games or files it got slower a lot. Meaning that my Download Speed is not getting used fully. Is it normal or are there any fixes?...
  5. Download speed is much slower than upload. Using Windows 10 Pro

Download speed is much slower than upload. Using Windows 10 Pro: Download speed is much slower than the Upload Speed, using Windows 10 ProI have tried these things:1. Restart Modem2. Windows Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-speed-is-much-slower-than-upload-using/ea40e923-518b-48a4-bfa0-d9ae61c57b10
  6. WIFI RTL8812BU Download Speed Low

WIFI RTL8812BU Download Speed Low: Hello, I desperately need your help ! I am having an issue with my WIFI connection.The connection is not stable and the download speed is low compared to my other PC connected to the same modem.I have [MAIN PC] and [OTHER PC] which I connect to my [MODEM] through WIFI 4...
  7. Slow Download speeds only on Windows 10 PC in any web browser

Slow Download speeds only on Windows 10 PC in any web browser: Before you tell me network adapter settings, download/upload speeds, firewall, and all network issues. It is not a network issue I can assure you. I am CCNA active certified. I ran ping tests on all my computers including my Windows 10 Pro desktop. I used my Linux Fedora 34...
  8. Windows is limiting my download speed.

Windows is limiting my download speed.: I have been noticing that my internet is being limited to 4-5 Mbps on my laptop pretty much all throughout the day and occasionally becomes okay.The internet is alright for the rest of my devices.During a internet speed test:What I have tried without avail:Resetting the...
  9. Slow download speeds on all browsers i use

Slow download speeds on all browsers i use: Hello, my download speeds have been really slow on all browsers and download managers.The speed drops from 5mb/s to 200kb/s every time.Even downloading a simple image is a hustle.Can anyone help?...
  10. Low download speed Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Low download speed Microsoft Store: HelloWhen I'm downloading a game in the Microsoft Store, the speed is around 20Mbps or 2.5MB/s. But when I'm downloading on Steam, it is 11MB/s.How come downloading through the Microsoft store is so slow?Thanks in advanceMaxime...