Windows 10: Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

Discus and support Download Speeds All Over the Place D: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically, when I do a speed test on Ookla, I'm getting 50-55MBps Download speed and 3MBps upload speed. However, when I'm actually downloading things,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Illuminati Izzy, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

Basically, when I do a speed test on Ookla, I'm getting 50-55MBps Download speed and 3MBps upload speed. However, when I'm actually downloading things, it ranges from 1MBps - 6MBps. Please help!

:)

Illuminati Izzy, Apr 13, 2016

2. Forza Motorsport 7

The download speeds are inaccurate and all over the place. it says i'm getting 10+ MBs which is obviously not true because i let the game download over night while i slept and only gained 9 gigs opposed to the 20 gigs i downloaded in under 5 hours before
    bed what the hell is this?

CaseyHarrington, Apr 13, 2016
  3. ambiguities all over the place

> To go directly to previous pages tap the page icon on the IE search bar.

I've got a

• reload button
    • ... button
    • address edit field
    • 3 hardware buttons
    What is the page icon?

> Hardware buttons - it takes a little time to adjust to the phone, how you hold it

I'm using this phone since november 2012.

ExcessPhase, Apr 13, 2016
  4. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

Are you sure, you are reading speeds correctly? Browsers usually show the speed in MB/s.
    I have 50 MBps and my peak speed in steam is about 6MB/s and that is the correct info.
    If you are sure, note that free servers might not always offer the best download speed.

TairikuOkami, Apr 13, 2016
  5. I think that was the case.... What is the difference between Mbps and MB/s?

My steam downloads are usually 6MB/s, but most of my internet downloads are below 1MB/s D:

Illuminati Izzy, Apr 14, 2016
  6. edsyl Win User
    MB is bytes(8bits per byte). Mb is Megabits.

edsyl, Apr 18, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Speed tests are as trustworthy as those signs you see in large cities, that tell you the time from point A to B. Depending on your destination, congestion, any problems with routers between, servers over loaded, it can cause you to not have the speeds that you are paying for from the Head End to your Gateway.

The Traceroute and Pings are about the most accurate. I use the Google DNS servers on my Router. My connection runs at the top speed of what I am getting on my bonded pair.

bro67, Apr 19, 2016
  8. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

Ok, thanks. Would I benefit from using a Google DNS? And if so, how would I change to it?

Illuminati Izzy, Apr 19, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    The Google DNS servers are a lot faster in resolving sites and they are regional, not some DNS server clear across the country from you.

You can set them on the computer or at the router/gateway if you are allowed by your provider.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

1. Download Speeds All Over the Place D: - Similar Threads - Download Speeds Place

2. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  3. Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but...: Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but mostly half the speed.I have used network reset to defaults, turned off energy-efficient Ethernet in the modem-router, used cat8 cables,set Netgear gs308e QoS 802.1p DSCP based or...
  4. Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but...: Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but mostly half the speed.I have used network reset to defaults, turned off energy-efficient Ethernet in the modem-router, used cat8 cables,set Netgear gs308e QoS 802.1p DSCP based or...
  5. Internet speeds are all over the place, both win10 pro pc's with gigabyte Ethernet but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Download speed all over the place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed all over the place: I have a windows 10 pc and downloading even the smallest things is a pain. One second I’ll be getting 1.2 mb/s and the next I’m getting 120 kb/s then it’ll shoot back up to 1.4 mb/s and the cycle continues. And the most surprising thing is that my ping and downloads speeds...
  7. Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.: Every time I manually update the definitions the dates and times mentioned are way off the mark. I am in Australia on the eastern seaboard and my time and date are correctly displayed in the bottom right. At 7:37pm 1/2/2020 I manually updated the definitions. Result...
  8. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  9. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  10. windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place: Hi, I have downloaded windows 10. I am having an aweful problem with my pointer - it self selects anything and everything. If left on a page it increases or decreases the viewing percentage. I looked in settings but couldn't see anything there to stop this. I don't know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download speeds all over the place