Windows 10: Download speeds capped only in certain programs

Discus and support Download speeds capped only in certain programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store. When I'm using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adamthemute, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Download speeds capped only in certain programs

I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store.

When I'm using a torrent program, Steam/etc, or downloading within my internet browsers (all with no bandwidth restrictions in the options), the rate seems to be capped around 2MB/sec.

Am I missing an option something that's capping download speeds except with Microsoft programs/etc?

:)

adamthemute, Feb 22, 2019

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 22, 2019
  3. speed cap

my internet should be 200mbps and I only get 30 the rest of my family get the full speed but me and my brother don't so what is capping my speed is it my network adaptor inside my laptop my laptop is a HP 255

xandercole, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Download speeds capped only in certain programs

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Download speeds capped only in certain programs

1. Download speeds capped only in certain programs - Similar Threads - Download speeds capped

2. Download speed appears to be capped on laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speed appears to be capped on laptops: When I download on my Xbox Series X I get a constant 50/60mbs however whenever I download on a laptop, either mine or my partners it is always between 3/5mbs. I have tried everything I can find online but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?...
  3. Download speed appears to be capped on laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed appears to be capped on laptops: When I download on my Xbox Series X I get a constant 50/60mbs however whenever I download on a laptop, either mine or my partners it is always between 3/5mbs. I have tried everything I can find online but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?...
  4. "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer: Hello, guys!So I work with my computer and I need high download and upload speeds.I moved from my previous house to this new apartment with my fiancee and there is no way to put my gaming/working computer on our bedroom where the internet cable is at. I can pass the ethernet...
  5. "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Capped" download speed on wireless connection on the computer: Hello, guys!So I work with my computer and I need high download and upload speeds.I moved from my previous house to this new apartment with my fiancee and there is no way to put my gaming/working computer on our bedroom where the internet cable is at. I can pass the ethernet...
  6. Download speed got capped somehow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speed got capped somehow.: That's what I get when I test the speed, but whenever I download anything from anywhere the speed is stuck at 1.4MB. My computer isn't new. This was never an issue. It happened suddenly.Plus the weirdest thing is speed tests actually tells me that my internet is fine!Please...
  7. Download speed got capped somehow.

Download speed got capped somehow.: That's what I get when I test the speed, but whenever I download anything from anywhere the speed is stuck at 1.4MB. My computer isn't new. This was never an issue. It happened suddenly.Plus the weirdest thing is speed tests actually tells me that my internet is fine!Please...
  8. Download speed got capped somehow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Download speed capped?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed capped?: I've used tron script yesterday and my download speed seems to be somehow capped, but in unusual way. So the speedtest shows my actual download and upload speed (70/70) but either steam and rockstar launcher,(or in fact any other app)are capped at 7mbps. Sometimes it doubles...
  10. Internet only with certain programs?

Internet only with certain programs?: I have the problem that I only have access to the internet in different applications on the pc internet like Grand Theft Auto V or skype, discord and Minecraft and everything else I can't access the internet like Rainbow six victories or my browser! Can someone help me?...