Windows 10: Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

Discus and support Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I used to download pretty much everything at 9 mbps, but this morning when i launched my pc my download speeds suddenly became terrible and went down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SlayerX_69, May 22, 2024.

1. Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

I used to download pretty much everything at 9 mbps, but this morning when i launched my pc my download speeds suddenly became terrible and went down to 300 kbps at best. Strangely, Steam, Torrents and Microsoft store are unaffected by this change, and download at high speed like normal. I have not seen anything similar occurring in my other devices, so I'm at a loss here.I've tried the following commands:netsh int tcp set heuristics disabledNetsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabledNetsh int tcp set global rss=enabledNetsh winsock resetNetsh int ip reset Ipconfig /releaseIpconfig /rene

:)

SlayerX_69, May 22, 2024

2. Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

• The latest update I have showing is "2018-02 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 based system KB4074588"
    • I've tried all the below steps suggested by Eeshwar Kumar in this link: Redirecting
    • And also all by Jane La in the below: Redirecting

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, May 22, 2024
  4. Gino Des Win User

Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

Download speed is slow when downloading apps from the Store

Hi Elijah,

A few possible reasons can cause slow download speed when installing apps. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you also experience slow connection when browsing the Internet using Edge?
    • What is the make and model of your phone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

1. Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason - Similar Threads - Download speeds suddenly

2. Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason: I used to download pretty much everything at 9 mbps, but this morning when i launched my pc my download speeds suddenly became terrible and went down to 300 kbps at best. Strangely, Steam, Torrents and Microsoft store are unaffected by this change, and download at high speed...
  3. Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download speeds suddenly went downhill for seemingly no reason: I used to download pretty much everything at 9 mbps, but this morning when i launched my pc my download speeds suddenly became terrible and went down to 300 kbps at best. Strangely, Steam, Torrents and Microsoft store are unaffected by this change, and download at high speed...
  4. Slow download speed, for some reason

Slow download speed, for some reason: Okay, I'm sure this is asked a lot on this forum considering the space. This is a very random, and sudden issue. When previously I had zero issues with the download throughput.However, I feel like I've tried everything and gotten nowhere.Here's my home setup:Realtek Gaming...
  5. Slow download speed, for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed, for some reason: Okay, I'm sure this is asked a lot on this forum considering the space. This is a very random, and sudden issue. When previously I had zero issues with the download throughput.However, I feel like I've tried everything and gotten nowhere.Here's my home setup:Realtek Gaming...
  6. Slow download speed, for some reason

7. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  8. Internet download speed suddenly dropped

Internet download speed suddenly dropped: Hello, I recently experienced a huge drop in my internet download speed. I have an HP pavilion 15 laptop dual boot with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.4.When I am on Ubuntu I have a download speed of roughly 200MB/s, and that's quite consistent. However, it's been a couple of weeks...
  9. Download speed plummeted for no reason not a router problem

Download speed plummeted for no reason not a router problem: Hello, 2 days ago, i turned my computer on and tried to download a 200 megabyte game using the opera GX browser. I realised that from the usual 8-9Mbps, i was only getting 200Kbps. It doesn't seem to be a problem with my router since downloading on my phone and everywhere...
  10. Download speed plummeted for no reason (not a router problem)

Download speed plummeted for no reason (not a router problem): So recently i just turned my computer on, and tried to download a 200Mb (megabytes, not megabits) file. I realised that from the usual 8-9Mbps, i was only getting 200Kbps (kilobytes). It doesn't seem to be a problem with my router since downloading on my phone and everywhere...