Windows 10: Download starts automatically

Discus and support Download starts automatically in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just reset my laptop and now everytime i restart my lap , the last downloaded file starts downloading in chrome. eg: i downloaded spotify recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlenJose, Jun 3, 2020.

1. AlenJose Win User

Download starts automatically

I just reset my laptop and now everytime i restart my lap , the last downloaded file starts downloading in chrome.

eg: i downloaded spotify recently, now everytime i restart my lap the spotify download pops up and i have to cancel again and again

:)

AlenJose, Jun 3, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 3, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Download starts automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 3, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Download starts automatically - Similar Threads - Download starts automatically

2. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotify Downloaded Automatically: I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?...
  3. Spotify Downloaded Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify Downloaded Automatically: I didn't download Spotify, now or ever before, but when I shut down my PC and turned it on again, Spotify is there; it was installed without any permission or anything. Is that virus or some other problem or just Windows being Windows?...
  4. automatic app downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic app downloads: So every time i log into my computer it seems like theres been a new app or program downloaded and installed without me doing it. im guessing its windows security since it seems to always be some sort of antivirus. Windows 10 Home build vsn 21H2. so ive looked thru the...
  5. automatic app downloads

automatic app downloads: So every time i log into my computer it seems like theres been a new app or program downloaded and installed without me doing it. im guessing its windows security since it seems to always be some sort of antivirus. Windows 10 Home build vsn 21H2. so ive looked thru the...
  6. Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission: So, yesterday I installed Win 11 just to try it out. I reverted back to Win 10 an hour later. This morning when I booted up my PC. I get a windows update saying that Win 11 has started downloading. I couldn't stop it as an individual update. Now, I'm forced to install Win 11...
  7. Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission

Windows 11 started downloading automatically without permission: So, yesterday I installed Win 11 just to try it out. I reverted back to Win 10 an hour later. This morning when I booted up my PC. I get a windows update saying that Win 11 has started downloading. I couldn't stop it as an individual update. Now, I'm forced to install Win 11...
  8. Software automatically downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software automatically downloading: Hi, My desktop went for a repair at HP. Once back from the repair, I noticed that the PC has been reset i.e: setup screen was present upon turning it on. I was then greeted with the factory apps and home screen. No old contents/software was present. However, AVG Internet...
  9. Automatic File Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic File Downloads: I keep all of my music files in OneDrive, online. The songs are all in my i-tunes library. For years. When I played a song, it just played it. There was no hesitation. Now this dialogue box started appearing today, and it has to download the song to play it. I'm...
  10. Automatic File Downloads

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic File Downloads: Hi In Settings Privacy Automatic File Downloads, is there a related registry key to control it? Thanks 133766