Windows 10: Download time

Discus and support Download time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am so frustrated by the updates. I purposly clicked on “ update now and shut down “. last session . Went to use computer today and it is starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueTresback, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Download time

I am so frustrated by the updates. I purposly clicked on “ update now and shut down “. last session .

Went to use computer today and it is starting another update.

It has been updating now for over an hour and is less than 50% complete.

My question is: if i purchase an Apple computer will it be better?

This is HORRIBLE . Happens way too often . Microsoft gets a FAILING GRADE on this .

:)

SueTresback, Sep 8, 2018

2. DOWNLOAD TIMES FOR THIS COMPUTER

Hi Jeannette,

We would like to know more information regarding the download issue that you are experiencing. For better assistance, we would like to verify some details:

• What download times are you referring to? Are you referring to the Windows Update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 8, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Download time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Download time

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Download time

1. Download time - Similar Threads - Download

2. Downloading Sea of Thieves on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Sea of Thieves on PC: I already have Sea of Thieves on Xbox from the Store and saw that I could also play on PC, as long as I used the Xbox account. I have tried to install it with my account on PC through the store and it comes up with an error, 0x80070015. I try to refresh but the error...
  3. HOW TO DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS IN MY PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO DOWNLOAD ANTIVIRUS IN MY PC: I HAVE BOUGHT MCAFEE ANTIVIRUS ONLINE FOR MY PC BUT UNABLE TO INSTALL IN MY PC SOME KB3033929 IS SHOWING I DIDNT MEAN THIS CODE SIMPLY TELL ME HOW I INSTALL ANTIVIRUS OR OTHERWISE RETURN THIS PRODUCT AND REFUND MY MONEY...
  4. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?: Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running. Won't let me download it. Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded. Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it....
  5. Not all photos get downloaded from iPhone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not all photos get downloaded from iPhone: I want to download my photos from iPhone but only part of them get downloaded. So I make an attempt to download them again but the system duplicate the photos I have downloaded before...
  6. Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I no longer open pictures from my download folder?: What does this mean? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-no-longer-open-pictures-from-my-download/93a1e46b-bbd8-42ac-9981-691611cc31bb"
  7. Netflix Offline Download and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix Offline Download and Windows 10: I am using a windows 10 computer and I am experiencing issues when I am trying to use the download feature of Netflix. When I press to download a movie or tv series is gets stuck, it starts downloading but then pauses on its own and doesn't download. It may try to...
  8. windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised): I do not have any other third party antivirus. But still when I open Windows defender security center settings, it texts like this: 'Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Please contact IT...
  9. Cannot download Realm world on Minecraft Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download Realm world on Minecraft Windows 10: I am trying to download the world on a realm I own. I have tried the "download world" button as well as the several in the backup section but after initializing, the download bar displays 0 on both sides and does not do anything. Please help! Example: [ATTACH]...
  10. Huge 61 character .pdf received in my downloads folder

Huge 61 character .pdf received in my downloads folder: Today I opened my downloads folder and I found an April 2, 2019, unsolicited .pdf with 61 upper, lower, numerical characters in front of the .pdf! I have no idea of how or why I received it. Without opening the file, I searched my computer and found the file on my computer...