Windows 10: Download time

Discus and support Download time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am so frustrated by the updates. I purposly clicked on “ update now and shut down “. last session . Went to use computer today and it is starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SueTresback, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Download time

I am so frustrated by the updates. I purposly clicked on “ update now and shut down “. last session .

Went to use computer today and it is starting another update.

It has been updating now for over an hour and is less than 50% complete.

My question is: if i purchase an Apple computer will it be better?

This is HORRIBLE . Happens way too often . Microsoft gets a FAILING GRADE on this .

:)

SueTresback, Sep 8, 2018

2. DOWNLOAD TIMES FOR THIS COMPUTER

Hi Jeannette,

We would like to know more information regarding the download issue that you are experiencing. For better assistance, we would like to verify some details:

• What download times are you referring to? Are you referring to the Windows Update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Sep 8, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Download time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Download time

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Download time

1. Download time - Similar Threads - Download

2. I ordered Windows Pro but when I finished downloading it was only Windowshome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ordered Windows Pro but when I finished downloading it was only Windowshome: I have been on phone 3 times - I got cut off once - transferred to another server and they cut me off and now I just tried again. I don't know how to fix this...
  3. Windows 10 - Prevent New Album Art from Downloading to Music Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Prevent New Album Art from Downloading to Music Folder: Hi, this question was already asked but the technicians did not establish a solution. Why, after every time I pay any music file, Windows Media Player downloads more music information? I delete the albumart.jpg and the folder.jpg repeatedly. In fact I delete these...
  4. windows update option still crashes within settings even after downloading wu10 program to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update option still crashes within settings even after downloading wu10 program to...: As the title suggests.. I reisntalled my windows 10 from flash drive (retail one) and it was downloading updates for creators update and continued to download feature update 1807 but failed and each time i try check windows update within settings the whole settings box just...
  5. Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store: I am trying to download episodes from Season 4 of Supergirl, which I purchased on the Microsoft Movies and TV Store. I keep getting the following error message: "Couldn't download. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for...
  6. Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page: Multiple reports and findings last year revealed that Google Chrome is slated to support a built-in dark mode on Windows 10 soon. Currently, the search engine giant is testing this feature in Chrome Beta and Canary distributions. Dark theme is a new trend and it’s quite...
  7. Microphone is quiet after downloading voice changer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is quiet after downloading voice changer: Hey, I bought a pair of Stealth Raptor's yesterday and they were working fine. I wanted to have a little fun with my headphones so I downloaded Voicemod. It was working fine until I went on the next day I started my pc and my voice quality was so quiet and in Discord,...
  8. I Can't Remove A Malware Program: Magnet Download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Can't Remove A Malware Program: Magnet Download: I followed previous instructions to go to Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs, but that program isn't listed. Same when I go to Settings, apps, etc. It's nowhere, but it's hiding inside Windows 10; I just can't find it. Not in Windows Defender or in the Start-up screen,...
  9. Games for windowa live purchases not downloadable

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games for windowa live purchases not downloadable: Seeing as my other thread was locked because somebody hijacked it with a question about groove music i'll start again I am unable to download any of my purchases from the Games for windows live marketplace client, every attempt results in it saying there was an error...
  10. Download to fixed folder

in Browsers and Email
    Download to fixed folder: My files are basically in a mess because I haven't got a fixed folder for all downloads. I'm not sure what logic 10 uses for saving files. But I seem to have downloaded files all over my disk. It's going to take a month of sundays to clean it all up. Can we define a fixed...