Windows 10: download updates over metered connection

Discus and support download updates over metered connection in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulPChou, Oct 30, 2022.

1. PaulPChou Win User

download updates over metered connection

hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the message to not appear when checking for updates?

:)

PaulPChou, Oct 30, 2022

2. How do I download updates for Windows 10 through a metered connection?

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

As per your query, I like to inform you to that; you cannot download Windows updates on metered connection. To download the updates, you need to turn off the metered connection then check for the updates.

I suggest you turn off the metered connection then check for the updates.

To turn off the metered connection, follow the below path:

Open Settings > Network & Internet
    > Wi-Fi, connect to the metered connection, maybe a Wi-Fi hotspot you’re tethering from your mobile, then click Advanced options, and toggle Set as metered connection to Off.

For more information about metered connection, refer to the below link:

Windows help & learning

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well

To download the updates, follow the below steps:

• Type setting in the search area in the taskbar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Update and Security.

• Click on Check for Updates.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 30, 2022
  3. DOWNLOAD OVER METERED CONNECTIONS

Hi Regina,

The metered connection on your Windows 10 computer will limit the data usage to reduce its consumption. However, this option may affect some applications on your device and some updates won’t be installed automatically. To manage this option, we suggest
    that you follow the steps provided in this article regarding metered
    connections in Windows 10
    . Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Oct 30, 2022
  4. reginaYM Win User

DOWNLOAD OVER METERED CONNECTIONS

Joseph please read my question more carefully.

My question was not about WiFi. I know how to do that. My question was about WIRED CONNECTIONS. I do not want to use the Registry changes which I am not confident doing. So I want to know that if I do this
    Settings/Devices/Check Download Over Metered Connections, will that affect the wired connection making it metered.

reginaYM, Oct 30, 2022
Thema:

1. download updates over metered connection - Similar Threads - download updates metered

2. download updates over metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download updates over metered connection: hi,Yesterday, I noticed that when checking for updates and when there are updates appearing, it states something like downloading updates over metered connection. Yet, when I checked under advance options, the option to turn on metered connection is not on. How to get the...
  3. How to Enable Download Microsoft Edge Updates over Metered Connections

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable Download Microsoft Edge Updates over Metered Connections: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  4. Delivery optimization over metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delivery optimization over metered connection: I would like to know if delivery optimization can be turned off for delivering or receiving updates from other computers on local network when connected over metered connection. I know the documentation mentions delivery optimization is disabled when on a metered connection...
  5. Microsoft is now downloading over metered network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is now downloading over metered network: My home web server is now downloading updates over a network I have marked as metered. I set the "download over metered" to off; but it is still doing downloads. Causes intermittent losses of data on my IOT system and loss of connection to my devices. What the actual fuck is...
  6. Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Allow Automatically Download Updates over Metered Connections in Windows 10 By default, Windows Update in Windows 10 will automatically download and install updates,...
  7. Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 1703 updating over Metered connection: I have 3 windows 10 1703 machines on a Metered connection, however windows update just installed KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413) on each of them over the last 2 days why? Metered connection is set to "ON". Any advise would be appreciated. 86875
  8. How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update Windows 10 over metered connection?: I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I've had it a week and notice that no updates have yet been downloaded - all the available updates are marked 'Waiting for download'. I use a mobile broadband dongle and I am limited to 10 GB data a month. My understanding is that Windows...
  9. Auto Download On Metered Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto Download On Metered Connection: I have recently to FCU. Now even in metered wifi connection, while checking for update, it automatically downloads and hangs. See pic below. What to do to avoid this? [img] 98481
  10. Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Download Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Download Offline Maps over Metered Connections in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation...