Windows 10: Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Discus and support Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Isaac__89, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Isaac__89 Win User

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Hey.

I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds.

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices. 08c19b56-6cf6-4305-8119-1e08140f6888?upload=true.png

I bought a new wifi card https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ziyituod-Bluetooth5-0-2974Mbps-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B07Z1W8Y16/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=wifi+card&qid=1611938765&sr=8-3 and I still experience the same issue.

I've searched everywhere for the answer but no troubleshooting tips have helped. I'd really, really appreciate any help on this as I am totally lost.

Thanks so much.

Windows Build 19041.

:)

Isaac__89, Jan 29, 2021

2. Download speed slower than upload speed

My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds (10Mbps) compared to upload speeds (30Mbps). On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan.

This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi.

I have changed the Windows update settings that limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates.

I have changed the NetworkThrottlingIndex registry setting to ffffff.

Is there some other Windows setting I can find and change, to improve this?

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Koz, Jan 29, 2021
  3. Internet upload and download slow on only one device in house

My upload and download speed on this pc are significantly slower than every other device in the home, which get around 100mbps when tested near the pc, whereas the pc gets .10down and 16 up any help would be great, I have tried all the simple restart your
    router, restart your pc, uninstall and reinstall your drivers stuff if anyone has anything that may help it would be appreciated thanks in advance

GabeBonilla, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

Download speed decreased to 0.2mbit (from 6mbit) after upgrade from Win8 to Win10

Hello,

im experiencing very strange problem because download speed after upgrade to Win10 has decreased. Upload speed is still about 20Mbit/sec. I tried following:

• multiple network devices- Primary is LAN adapter, secondary LTE phone. Altough the ping is different and upload speed on LTE phone network is slower, both network connections suffer from very low speed (0.2Mbit). And yes, I tried different pc and
    • newest drivers installed
    • dns cleared
    • antivirus uninstalled, no malware found. No improvement in speed either
    • p2p update redistribution disabled
    Before reverting back to Windows81, do you have any suggestions?

JakubHolásek, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

1. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices. - Similar Threads - Download Upload speeds

2. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....: I built this computer 3 years ago and have had inconsistent internet usability for the last 1.5 years. I have went through 2 different wireless Wi-Fi cards in an attempt to fix the issue to no avail. In an attempt to diagnose the issue, yesterday, I connected an Ethernet...
  3. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....: I built this computer 3 years ago and have had inconsistent internet usability for the last 1.5 years. I have went through 2 different wireless Wi-Fi cards in an attempt to fix the issue to no avail. In an attempt to diagnose the issue, yesterday, I connected an Ethernet...
  4. PC continues to have significantly slower internet speeds than other computer in the house....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  8. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  9. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...