Windows 10: Download virtual machines

Discus and support Download virtual machines in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Download virtual machines Test Microsoft Edge and versions of IE6 through IE11 using free virtual machines you download and manage locally. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Download virtual machines

Cluster Head, Apr 3, 2016
  2. pdomino Win User

install mac os to widows 10 pro

Virtual Machine can help you, then get an OSX installer.

W10 VIRTUAL MACHINE OPTIONS

pdomino, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Vlad0 Win User
    How to install Windows XP on Hyper-V virtual machine?

Great!!! I've succeeded at last and have created virtual Xp Download virtual machines :) Thanks a lot for the Hairy fool for his

attempts to help Download virtual machines :) In fact the most valuable info was at Virtual Machine download page, where from I've downloaded
    the virtual machine for windows XP Download virtual machines :)

Vlad0, Apr 3, 2016
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

Download virtual machines

Thanks for hook up. . .*Thumbs

5. Nice tutorial! *Thumbs

I will have to do the Edge preview! *Smile

Computer Chicken, Apr 3, 2016
  6. groze Win User
    Hmm, interesting. I wish it didn't expire though. It would be nice to run I.E. or Edge in Linux that has protected content support.

groze, Apr 4, 2016
  7. Why would you need a virtual machine to test out Edge?

Try it out, and if you don't like it, use another browser.

Vince Massi, Apr 5, 2016
  8. groze Win User

I use a multiple boot system

Windows 7
    Windows 10
    Linux OS
    Linux OS

I was thinking of going to windows 10 permanently still dual boot with Linux system using gpt and secure boot but I found out that could be a pain in the neck. The reason I was thinking about this is to avoid getting the ransomware

I know you can use I.E. sort of on Linux in wine but it doesn't work to well. Since it is a VM, I can use I.E. or Edge on Linux and it would possibly support protected content, have not tested that in Linux yet.

groze, Apr 5, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    I like the cross-platform commonality of Firefox on my Windows, Mac OS X and Linux computers. Firefox comes with most Linux Distros. I recently downloaded an .iso of Linux LXLE to create the bootable/runnable DVD and it included Mozilla's SeaMonkey which includes an E-Mail Client, actually pretty nice. SeaMonkey is also cross-platform.

Berton, Apr 5, 2016
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    https://modernievirt.blob.core.windo...rms_1_5_15.pdf

The notes accompanying the license terms "highly recommend" that you circumvent the time-limitation of the trial by snapshotting your VM to rollback to, as the time limit expiry approaches!

Download >customize >snapshot >rinse >repeat *Smile

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Why not run a Windows VM on your Linux OS(es) - VBOX / VMWARE work fine on most Linux Hosts -- I'm currently on a W10 VM on CENTOS 7 Host. Much better than any sort of Dual booting.

I have Windows for Office 2016 (Ms office with Outlook) is still easily the best office application around - especially if you use a lot of Excel while grabbing data from the Internet in real time, plus a couple of Corporate apps and a SAPGUI to connect to various corporate SAP systems. All these run just fine on a VM.

To convert / create a VM from an existing Windows machine you can simply run the Free VMware converter (part of Vsphere) or why not simply use your W7 system to get a FREE W10 system you can install as a VM -- the Free upgrade still has a few months to run.

To install vmware player on Linux you'll probably need to install Kernel headers but it's all pretty automatic with a decent GUI for install. Vmware player is still free -- note though latest release is only 64 bit although of course you can run 32 bit VM's if you want to.

Things like Netflix / other protected content should still work fine on your VM - although some of these can run natively on Linux -- the main problem is Microsoft still using Silverlight which some protected content uses (for example Sky GO).

For streaming and serving I exclusively use my Linux Boxes (X2) which I use as a NAS -- PLEX, SQUEEZEBOXSERVER etc run just fine on these plus Networking is so much superior to Windows that IMO the VM idea is far better. Just look at the threads in the Networking area of the Forum to see what a cludge Windows Networking still is. SAMBA IMO works usually every time flawlessly for Linux / Windows sharing.

One Caveat though -- if you are into Gaming then a Windows VM might not be able to "cut it". Although IMO if you really are a serious gamer you might be better off with a dedicated machine anyway -- just my take though.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Download virtual machines - Similar Threads - Download virtual machines

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Machine: Me want to go to Free Virtual windows thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/09a68db0-55fb-46e4-8ea2-2238cdaabe20
  3. virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virtual machine?: On windows turn features on or off, I pressed on for a feature called "virtual machine platform", what exactly does that do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/77c20bcd-b08c-4c7d-bb34-edc7de49b00b
  4. virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    virtual machine?: On windows turn features on or off, I pressed on for a feature called "virtual machine platform", what exactly does that do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/77c20bcd-b08c-4c7d-bb34-edc7de49b00b
  5. Virtual Machine

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Virtual Machine: Hello Microsoft this is Philip and i hope you have a wonderful day.I have just purchased a app called VirtualMachine from National Software and i don know how to set it up if youd know please help me thank you.Philip...
  6. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  7. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Machine: I have downloaded the cloudready virtual disk image file and I am trying to run in VMWare Player. But it is saying, 'Failed to acquire a .ovf' file. Please help.... I can't understand...
  8. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...