Windows 10: Download windows 10 calendar app without windows 10 mail?

Discus and support Download windows 10 calendar app without windows 10 mail? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I purposefully deleted windows 10 Mail + Calendar app because I don't want the mail app. Microsoft advises that you have to delete them both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnLane, Jul 26, 2017.

1. JohnLane Win User

Download windows 10 calendar app without windows 10 mail?

I purposefully deleted windows 10 Mail + Calendar app because I don't want the mail app.
    Microsoft advises that you have to delete them both together.
    Supposedly you can then download just windows 10 Calendar app from the app store.
    I cant find it in the app store.
    Does windows Calendar not come as a separate app.
    Do I have to use a third party app?

:)

JohnLane, Jul 26, 2017

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jul 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jul 26, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Jul 26, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    AddRAM, Jul 26, 2017
  6. JohnLane Win User
    Thanks. It appears that way to me too despite what Microsoft says.

I don't need apps taking up space if I don't use them so I won't be reinstalling the app. I have other calendar apps that I use on my IOS machines. It might have been nice to have one on my windows machines that I could sync with them.

I have a problem getting Outlook.com to sync across the two systems as well without using third party apps which I haven't fully investigated yet so perhaps I was expecting too much.

The reason for it looking like my post is coming from an automated source perhaps is because I am using my IOS "ten forum" app to write them on my IPad.

JohnLane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Download windows 10 calendar app without windows 10 mail? - Similar Threads - Download calendar app

2. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Because of an apparent HDD failure, I have had to re-setup my wife's computer on an SSD.After re-setting up Windows 10 Mail & Calendar I have found that her calendar has disappeared. However my calendar which is shared with my wife is there.Previously my wife had three email...
  3. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  4. Calendar and Mail app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar and Mail app Windows 10: How to set default in Calendar app so that when calendar is shared, the entries do NOT show as "Private appointment" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calendar-and-mail-app-windows-10/65d2ef36-4c99-4ae8-b23c-0b4a7f6837c6
  5. windows 10 Mail App default calendar

windows 10 Mail App default calendar: Hi, When I set up calendar new event in my windows 10 mail app on desktop, the default calender is from for example gmail. My question is whenever I set up a calender event, can I pre set the default calendar, for example icloud?...
  6. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Mail and Calendar: Hi there! I have a huge problem. My official Mail and calendar app doesn't sync gmail immediately, it only refreshes my emails from gmail whenever I open the app. What is the cause of this? I've read somewhere that for now, something has changed I guess in google APIs,...
  7. Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: How do you do a back up of the above. Save entire program, Calendar,People list etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-calendar/81b3b49b-ad85-4ce4-ae62-fc598c1d790a
  8. Mail and Calendar App in windows 10

Mail and Calendar App in windows 10: I'm using mail and calendar app in windows 10.It flows effortlessly but seems to have one big problem, if I select a received Email and then select "move to Drafts", when I go to Drafts it states nothing has arrived, even though at the bottom of the page at the time of...
  9. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10: I have been using Calendar for Windows 10 for over a year. I was always able to put in new reminders, change reminders and move reminders to a different day or time. In the last few weeks that has changed. I can add things, but if I try to change or move reminders, the...
  10. Mail/Calendar App Windows 10

Mail/Calendar App Windows 10: Is there a way of removing /deleting the redundant email addresses that show when typing an email address. Moved from: Outlook.com / Email / Composing email...