Windows 10: Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

Discus and support Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OK, I was just curious, as these are touch Apps. I don't mind using the touchpad on my laptop. I also have a Logitech T 650 touchpad on desktop PC. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Wynona Win User

Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

I was on the Preview of the Office for Android tablets and although they're touch apps, like Windows 8/8.1, you can use a mouse at will.

I know the feeling; I want my new laptop when I want it! And I wanted to pay what I wanted to pay for it. *Smile

I won't get the first part of my nonsensical want, but I did get the second part in spades!

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015

2. I was on the Preview of the Office for Android tablets and although they're touch apps, like Windows 8/8.1, you can use a mouse at will.

I know the feeling; I want my new laptop when I want it! And I wanted to pay what I wanted to pay for it. *Smile

I won't get the first part of my nonsensical want, but I did get the second part in spades! I know the feeling, I order a lot of stuff online. It's cheaper, even with shipping costs, than what I can buy it for locally. The down side is waiting for it to arrive. Some of it I can't get locally. My laptop is big but it's still portable enough to take it out on my deck to relax. I wanted a big screen to be easy on my eyes. Having a (built in) full sized keyboard is nice too. I don't travel so there was no need for a smaller device.

alphanumeric, Feb 4, 2015
  3. tibbar Win User
    You is welcome, although I didn't beat the Bee Man with it! Gotta get me a new laptop and upgrade it to Windows 10! *Smile

This one's gonna be fun! Ordered the 17" laptop about an hour ago! *Dinesh No more 1040 x 900 visuals! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! With a touch screen? I have an ASUS K75DE, 17.3 inch screen, non touch. Mine is 1600 x 900. I am very happy with it. Sadly, no touch screen. I'm too old school and use a mouse. Even my tablets have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. *Smile Otherwise I just use a stylus. Don't like nasty, greasy fingerprints. OK, I was just curious, as these are touch Apps. I don't mind using the touchpad on my laptop. I also have a Logitech T 650 touchpad on desktop PC. If I'm gaming I switch to a trackball. Haven't used a mouse in years. I have nothing against them I just prefer a trackball instead.
    I just order my first touch screen. A 5 inch for my raspberry Pi. I wish it would hurry up and get here already.
    I am glad to hear I am not the only one to use a trackball to game with.

tibbar, Feb 4, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

I don't do games except for the various versions of Solitaire; besides, I could never get used to the thing, so I make do with a mouse. ;o)

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Looks OK -- but what about my version of Office 2010 -- can BOTH run concurrently - -- if not what do I use then as an email client if I can't have Outlook 2010 concurrently.

Not having Outlook in the mix IMO reduces the value of this (unless you can run BOTH concurrently).

Doesn't seem to like my Windows 10 HOST (Build 9926) !!!!!!!!!. Maybe I DO have to uninstall previous version of OFFICE -- Not going to happen !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    Yes they can, Jimbo. A contact at Microsoft has tested it and it's fine.

She tested with Office 365, and if they play nice with that one, they'll play nice with the .msi (installed with DVD) version.

I have Office 365 on this Win 10 laptop and installed the Office for Windows 10 version yesterday. So far, no problems.

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks
    Will try on a VM first.

MEGA SNAG -- you have to switch to an MS account -- NO WAY JOSE !!!!.

C'mon Ms loads of us don't want to run a PC with these sorts of accounts - what's wrong with a LOCAL account. I'm not changing the way I normally use a computer so every file I use can be "Synced" with any other device on the planet.

Apart from email and some browsing I tend to use a computer as a "Stand alone" device. I don't want "Internet always on" type of systems. If I need the net I'll manually connect.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2015
  8. badrobot Win User

Nice! I've been waiting for the OneNote. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 4, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I was updating just before you posted -- anyway to re-iterate it needs an MS account - no LOCAL account so I'm not going to download --I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO USE AN MS ACCOUNT. See my previous post in this thread.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 4, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    In that case I will stick to the online version and on my Windows Phone OneNote app.

Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10 [​IMG]

badrobot, Feb 4, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
  12. strollin Win User
    As with any of these Store apps, use the option to "sign into each app separately" and you can still keep your machine with a local account.

I have a Win 10 VM (9926) using a local account and have both Office 2010 installed as well as the Excel Touch Preview and they both seem to co-exist without issue.

The Excel Touch app is of limited use since it doesn't support macros, VBA or add-ins but is fine for pure spreadsheet type stuff.

strollin, Feb 4, 2015
  13. Wynona Win User

I just clicked on the Word link and it went straight through to the download place; however, I didn't go further, since I'm on the Windows 8.1 machine.

Son-in-law's laptop is very cranky about cutting and pasting, so I had to come to this machine. Sigh . . . the joys of computers!

We need to write a book! *Cool [Can't do smilies on the cranky laptop either!]

Wynona, Feb 4, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    Thanks for the info.
    I have this setup but I have yet to try it. Still in the office. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 4, 2015
  15. You just need a M$ account to download and install from Store beta which is the same requirement as the current Store although your M$ account is associated with the Office Previews which allows you to collaborate with others or save your documents to Onedrive.

When I switched back to a local account and used Word Preview it asked to switch to a M$ account to upload my files to Onedrive which can be cancelled and the file saved locally like Office 2007.

Another trick I use when installing a Preview App or anything new from the Store is use a Microsoft Account that is strictly for testing purposes so my everyday M$ Account is not cluttered with apps that were used once and uninstalled. I have used this test account since the Windows 8 Developer Preview and can be deleted if necessary.

IownAmoneyPit, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Download Word Excel

2. Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?: Yesterday Avast did a clean up of my computer. I tried to open Excel today and it's not there. Neither is Word. It would seem that the Microsoft program was removed. How can I restore it?...
  3. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  4. When will you fix the Windows 10 and Office outlook, excel, powerpoint, word defect 'unable...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When will you fix the Windows 10 and Office outlook, excel, powerpoint, word defect 'unable...: Windows 10 recently forced users into another round of updates which has completely cut off the user from opening all Office applications. When a user tries to open an office application, they get this orange popup, followed by the error box. This makes all affected users...
  5. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  6. New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel: Hey Insiders! My name is Jessica and I am a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. When I’m working in Office, sometimes it’s hard to express work-in-progress diagrams and models without throwing up a big watermark that says “DRAFT” on your content. [ATTACH] So we...
  7. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  8. @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available

in Windows 10 News
    @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available: Hello! What’s New My name is Apurv, and I’m a Program Manager in Microsoft Office. We recently added the capability to @mention your collaborators in comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. @mentions makes it easier for you to notify your peers, pull them into a...
  9. Office Home 2016 Reguires "User" to "Sign In" for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and documents...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Home 2016 Reguires "User" to "Sign In" for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and documents...: Hi, I have a pressing issue that has popped-up in the last week with the "user" account only. Admin account is not affected. #1. Documents opened in Word, PP, or Excel show up as "Restricted" and can not be printed (printing is possible as Admin). I've uninstalled and...
  10. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...