Windows 10: Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

Discus and support Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I tried the Word TP. Did not impress me. It is overly simplified, no ribbon and many basic functions don't work. I guess that's for another day. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 3, 2015.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

I tried the Word TP. Did not impress me. It is overly simplified, no ribbon and many basic functions don't work. I guess that's for another day. I still have a few extra Office 2010 licenses and then there is always Libre Office. Will now try PowerPoint.

2. badrobot Win User

The download goes through the Store Beta?
    My Store Beta doesn't even work.
    I'll pass on this one until the next build probably.

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015
  3. WHS
    whs Win User
    You have not missed anything.

4. Wynona Win User

Microsoft ain't no dummy corporation. *Smile They give us a taste, hoping we'll buy the big guns version.

Seriously, Office for Windows 10, Office for IoS and Office for Android tablets are all lightweight versions of Office and are not intended for serious business. FWIW, all three are pretty closely related and were built from the ground up. IoS came first, then Android and after that Windows 10; however, I'm pretty sure they were started around the same time and probably had some of the same Team members.

I Previewed Office for Android tablets and Word will probably be the easiest to work with, since most of its documents aren't very complex . . . although I've created some very seriously complex documents. Excel is a little bit harder to work with; some things are different, such as sorting . . . may be even different than that in Office for Windows 10, depending on whether you're using touch or mousey.

All in all, I think it's a smart move on Microsoft's part . . . they're following the Linux lead and including some good stuff with the OS.

Wynona, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Download Word Excel

2. Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Excel, Word an PowerPoint uninstalled?: Yesterday Avast did a clean up of my computer. I tried to open Excel today and it's not there. Neither is Word. It would seem that the Microsoft program was removed. How can I restore it?...
  3. Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft word Excel PowerPoint etc..: Hello can someone please help me.I just finished resetting my computer with the option keep personal files.But when it finished I noticed that microsoft word , Excel, PowerPoint and other have disappeared.I know that they have been removed from the computer through the...
  4. When will you fix the Windows 10 and Office outlook, excel, powerpoint, word defect 'unable...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When will you fix the Windows 10 and Office outlook, excel, powerpoint, word defect 'unable...: Windows 10 recently forced users into another round of updates which has completely cut off the user from opening all Office applications. When a user tries to open an office application, they get this orange popup, followed by the error box. This makes all affected users...
  5. Excel, word and Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel, word and Powerpoint: I upgraded to Windows 10 but no longer have word , excel or powerpoint. I cannot open documents without these apps. How can i get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-word-and-powerpoint/c83a9936-e2e5-4e77-8546-b0b543435c3f"
  6. New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel

in Windows 10 News
    New Sketchy Shapes feature for Office 365 Word, PowerPoint, and Excel: Hey Insiders! My name is Jessica and I am a Program Manager on the Office Graphics team. When I’m working in Office, sometimes it’s hard to express work-in-progress diagrams and models without throwing up a big watermark that says “DRAFT” on your content. [ATTACH] So we...
  7. Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps for word 2010, excel 2010, powerpoint 2010: My PC had to be reset today. After I noticed my Microsoft Word 2010, Excel 2010 & Powerpoint 2010 were gone. I do have my original receipt but not the original packaging. How can I reinstall these apps....
  8. @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available

in Windows 10 News
    @mentions for comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint available: Hello! What’s New My name is Apurv, and I’m a Program Manager in Microsoft Office. We recently added the capability to @mention your collaborators in comments in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. @mentions makes it easier for you to notify your peers, pull them into a...
  9. Office Home 2016 Reguires "User" to "Sign In" for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and documents...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Home 2016 Reguires "User" to "Sign In" for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and documents...: Hi, I have a pressing issue that has popped-up in the last week with the "user" account only. Admin account is not affected. #1. Documents opened in Word, PP, or Excel show up as "Restricted" and can not be printed (printing is possible as Admin). I've uninstalled and...
  10. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...