Windows 10: downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

Discus and support downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I downloaded a bios update via windows update. It said it was 15.11.0 when it was 15.14.0 Because the previous one had the same issue. When it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chickensquad182, Feb 8, 2023.

1. downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

Hello, I downloaded a bios update via windows update. It said it was 15.11.0 when it was 15.14.0 Because the previous one had the same issue. When it was finished installing, the Windows update didn't say it required a restart which is odd, by the way. Should I be worried?

:)

Chickensquad182, Feb 8, 2023

2. downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

Hello, I downloaded a bios update via windows update. It said it was 15.11.0 when it was 15.14.0 Because the previous one had the same issue. When it was finished installing, the Windows update didn't say it required a restart (which is odd, by the way). Should I be worried?

Chickensquad182, Feb 9, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 9, 2023
  4. malware Win User

downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

1. downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried? - Similar Threads - downloaded installed Bios

2. downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?: Hello, I downloaded a bios update via windows update. It said it was 15.11.0 when it was 15.14.0 Because the previous one had the same issue. When it was finished installing, the Windows update didn't say it required a restart which is odd, by the way. Should I be worried?...
  3. downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloaded and installed Bios update without requiring restart. Should I be worried?: Hello, I downloaded a bios update via windows update. It said it was 15.11.0 when it was 15.14.0 Because the previous one had the same issue. When it was finished installing, the Windows update didn't say it required a restart which is odd, by the way. Should I be worried?...
  4. should i be worried?(WindowsDefender)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    should i be worried?(WindowsDefender): Bevore goint to eat i started a fulls security scan, shortly after when i came back, normaly it takes about an hour, what now confuses me is that the antimalwareexecutable takes 16% of my cpu, and no scan is running, does anyone know what is happening? submitted by...
  5. Should I Be Worried

Should I Be Worried: I enabled memory integrity in Microsoft defender, then I restarted my pc to enable it but then when I booted it up Microsoft said it had blocked something, should I be worried? P.S I cant find the notification again so I don't know what it is. submitted by /u/Totogogo505...
  6. Should i be worried?

Should i be worried?: Apologies for bad English, So,some month ago I accidentally downloaded a virus on my windows 10 PC and i got rid of it after some times,but today I noticed that my PC had an app called Walliant on it,I googled the name and i learned that there is a virus version of this app...
  7. Should I worry ?

Should I worry ?: Processing img gcbd5uhlh3361... submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6dipi/should_i_worry/
  8. Should I worry?

Should I worry?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lannisterprince [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1j4jk/should_i_worry/
  9. Should I be worries?

Should I be worries?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlexanHugh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5i3i0/should_i_be_worries/
  10. Should I be worried?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I be worried?: On to my desktop computer's display has appeared an odd icon. It is grey tone, size as start menu icons, crossed speaker picture in center. Can not capture it by printscreen key or picture scrab tool. It is left side of screen and moves vertically three steps up and down. I...