Windows 10: Downloaded application displays a screen before Windows starts

Discus and support Downloaded application displays a screen before Windows starts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just had a call from my brother who lives 150 miles from me with a Windows problem I don't quite know how it manifests itself. He has downloaded what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scopio, Feb 23, 2019.

1. scopio Win User

Downloaded application displays a screen before Windows starts

Just had a call from my brother who lives 150 miles from me with a Windows problem I don't quite know how it manifests itself.

He has downloaded what it seems to be an Excel tutorial which causes a schedule screen to appear after the pc has powered on and the POST BUT before Windows has loaded or he has even logged in. *Mad

Is there a way to search for the rogue file that is loading before Windows starts?
    He does have Malwarebytes and Norton as anti-malware and anti-virus respectively.

:)

scopio, Feb 23, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 23, 2019
  3. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Feb 23, 2019
  4. bobengel Win User

Some applications display improperly

I have an RADEON 9600 SERIES video card and a couple of applictions fail to display properly even though I installed the latest drivers and ATI control panel.

The attached jpeg is a screen shot of the opening window for "My Registry Cleaner". The normal display should fill the entire beige colored window with buttons to activate the program. Regardless of the resolution settings, the window is only partially displayed. A few other programs also display improperly but not as badly as this one.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

bobengel, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Downloaded application displays a screen before Windows starts - Similar Threads - Downloaded application displays

2. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  3. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  4. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Long black screen before starts to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long black screen before starts to boot: My problem is that a computer, after restart, shows a black screen for 109 seconds, then it starts to boot, which only takes 15 seconds.It is a long story of how I got to this point, but I reinstalled Windows 10, taking the factory reset, to try to fix it, but that didn't fix...
  6. How do I download an application that was downloaded before to another broken drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I download an application that was downloaded before to another broken drive?: I Have a Windows 10 ASUS Laptop. I used to have an external hard driveE: for applications, however, this hard drive is broken physically. I just want to redownload these apps, but because the control panel still thinks that these apps aren't gone, and the installing wizard...
  7. Black screen before Windows starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen before Windows starts: Hi I'm facing this issue since last few weeks. When I turn on my laptop, before getting the login page there is 5-10 seconds of black screen. Why is this happening and is there a solution for this?...
  8. Windows start screen (screen before windows login screen)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start screen (screen before windows login screen): I run a triple monitor setup and the startup screen is stretched to the max (see image) [img] Is there any way to fix this so the image is visible or will it be forever stretched? any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tim 133897
  9. Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen)

in Windows 10 Support
    Widows start screen (screen before windows login screen): I run a triple monitor setup and the startup screen is stretched to the max (see image) [img] Is there any way to fix this so the image is visible or will it be forever stretched? any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tim 133897
  10. Windows 10 download display shows starting download - not downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download display shows starting download - not downloading: Hello All, Please excuse my lack of Computing terminology when writing this - I am a complete novice in the use of a Computer having been entirely `self taught` on just the basics. I clicked onto the `Get Windows 10` button on the Windows 10 upgrade onscreen display...